The very much anticipated Super Bowl episode will air this weekend and will mark the return of Glee from its hiatus (haven’t air a new episode since last December).
Synopsis: While Mr. Schuester and Coach Beiste work to make peace between the glee club and football team, Sue devises a risky strategy to win the cheerleading Nationals. New Directions perform Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” Katie Couric appears as herself. Source
Air Date: Feb 6, 2011 (after the Super Bowl Game)
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Stars: Darren Criss as Blaine, Lauren Potter as Becky, Max Adler as Dave Karofsky, Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans, Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes and Katie Cuoric as herself.
Glee‘s Chevrolet Super Bowl Ad
Previews and Sneak Peeks
- Bills, Bills, Bills performed by the Warblers
- Need You Now performed by Rachel and Puck
- Sue’s Killer Super Bowl stunt
- Glee‘s sneak peek at Superbowl episode’s California Girls.
- E! News preview
Behind the Scenes of Thriller/Heads will Roll
Glee: Zombie Makeover
Guest Star Katie Couric‘s videos from the set of Glee here
Ratings: 26.8 million viewers, the show’s most watched episode ever. Source
*Note: All spoilers are from various sources so we are never really sure if they are true unless they come from an official source aka the people from Glee. We always tell you from which source we find the spoilers therefor you know which ones are official and which ones are rumors that may or may not be true.
Spoilers of this episode:
- Max Adler’s Dave Karofsky will be back on the super bowl episode. “I don’t know that Dave knows that Blaine and Kurt have a little somethin’-somethin’ going on, but obviously he knows [Kurt’s] not at [McKinley High] anymore, and that will be brought up in the Super Bowl episode.” said the actor.Source
- “My star Cheerios leave me for the Glee club,” Jane Lynch says to TV Guide. “I make them choose: You either come with me and do this routine, or stay here and do the half-time routine with the glee club. They choose the glee club, so I don’t have a team and I have to forfeit Nationals. That’s why Katie Couric has to interview me as the year’s biggest loser”. Source TV Guide
- A while ago there was a spoiler that Quinn was going to quite the cheerios and that she and Finn share a kiss. This seems to be true since there are announcements that current couples are going to break up (probably Quinn and Sam) and Cory Monteith said: Finn might find himself having (re-)designs on Quinn, especially now that he and Rachel are on the skids. Source
- Article from TV Guide features some Glee Scoop con Superbowl episode. Nothing new really but a compilation of some spoilers: Super Bowl Pyrotechnics, Katie Couric and Sue’s return to the Dance floor.
- Glee’s Thriller of a Super Bowl Episode
Finn (Cory Monteith) fills in for the late Vincent Price to provide the spooky narration for the Fox hit’s Super Bowl-episode Thriller tribute. “I’m also one of the zombie folk, which requires about three and a half hours of prosthetic makeup,” says Cory. And it sounds as though Artie may be making some progress with those animatronic leg braces he unveiled in the Christmas episode. Asked who plays the Michael Jackson role, Cory said, “The episode is pretty centered around Artie, who does a lot of singing.” Thrilling! Source
- Super Bowl episode will be longer than usual, about 10 minutes longer due to limited commercials (General Motors will be sponsoring the show so there will be fewer sport from other competing ads).
- Rumors about Charice aka Sunshine Corazon will be performing Black Eyed Peas “Meet Me Halfway” on the highly anticipated Super Bowl episode. Source
- Brad Ellis, Glee musical director says the superbowl episode is “a football themed show”. About the Thriller mash-up he says: “Lots of dancers doing something very fun to watch them do, doing something really specific. People that you don’t expect to dance will dance.” Source
- What’s in store in Rachel’s love life department? According to TVLineshe’ll be getting some action really soon… and guess what it won`t be with former Finn or Puck. Source
- According to the Examiner, Lady Gaga’s son Born This Way will be sang on Glee by Chris Colfer (Kurt), Darren Criss (Blaine) and Max Adler (Dave Karofsky). Source
- Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl) has reportedly been talking to Matthew Morrison (apperantly they are buddies) about wanting to do a guest spot on Glee. More guest stars? Source
- Brittana (aka Brittany and Santana) is still on. They are going to have “developments” on episode 15 which will also feature Holly Holliday (Gwyneth Paltrow). In fact Holly Holliday is th one who gets them together. “Brittana is on. Brittana was always on. Episode 15—and Gwyneth is the one who gets them together…” (from Brad Falchuk twitter)
- When is Kurt returning to McKinley High? And it doesn’t sound like the show’s in a hurry to get Kurt back to New Directions either. Before learning he was a Golden Globe winner this weekend, we spoke with Chris Colfer on the red carpet, where he told us: “I think eventually I will be back with the old gang but we haven’t filmed that yet so I don’t know how long I will be away from McKinley.” A spy tells me the gang is now wrapping the episode that will air in mid-February, so it definitely won’t happen before then. Source Inside TV (EW)
- In and upcoming episode Ashley Fink’s Lauren will perform her first solo and when stage fright kicks in, she recalls a nerves-calming remedy that Puck once suggested… what exactly? A source close to the award-winning smash tells me that the cast spent the two weeks prior working out religiously to prepare for an upcoming episode that calls for the entire New Directions crew to drop trou. And shirt. And, well, everything but their unmentionables! Source (this scoop comes from TVLine’s Michael Ausiello) Also, Puck and Lauren relationship will develop as a blown up romance before the season is over.
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holliday will have a fling with Mr. Schue.”She’s coming back for two episodes,” “We really sort of hoped that this idea of her and Matt having a little fling during the original episode would work but we just didn’t have time to finish it off, so we’re glad she’s coming back.” tells Brad Falchuk to E!. Source
- As most of us who follow Glee spoilers this is not a surprise: Sam and Quinn will break up.”I got bored. They were too perfect” said Ryan Murphy. But there is more, Sam will start dating Santana and Quinn will find comfort in the form of her old boyfriend Finn. This is true, it comes from an article in EW quoting Glee creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy. Source
- Sam will channel his inner Justin Bieber to try to win Quinn’s approval.
- Finn might find himself having (re-)designs on Quinn, especially now that he and Rachel are on the skids. Source
- During the Golden Globe Awards interviews there were some scoop on future episodes. The biggest scoop is that Anne Hathaway might guest star as Kurt’s lesbian aunt. Most of the other spoilers are not new (if you keep track on the shows spoilers that come out every week) however TVLine has an article about Glee Scoop if you want to read it go here. Also some spoilers (not new really) on E! go here.
- Jane Lynch’s Sue Sylvester will join New Directions in a performance number set to a song by My Chemical Romance.
- Kristin Chenoweth will be back as April Rhodes in the last batch of episodes of the current season for a multi-episode arc. Source