On Glee‘s New York the kids head up to The Big Apple for Nationals.
Synopsis: The kids of New Directions travel from Lima to New York City to compete in Nationals. While in the Big Apple, they take in all of the sights from Times Square to Broadway to Central Park in the all-new “New York” season finale episode of GLEE airing at a special time Tuesday, May 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Source
Air Date: May 24th (Special air time: 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Are you excited about Glee’s finale? Do you think they’ll win Nationals?
Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Heather Morris as Brittany S. Pierce; Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel
Guest Cast: Patti LuPone as Herself, Jonathan Groff as Jesse St. James; Cheyenne Jackson as Dustin Goolsby, Charice as Sunshine Corazon, Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson
- TVLine just posted a First Look at this season’s finale mash-up of Madonna’s “I Love New York” and Leonard Bernstein’s On The Town staple “New York, New York”. Watch the video here
Glee Say What?
- TBA by TBA. Sung by Brittany, Rachel, Quinn, Tina and Lauren. Source
- I Love New York/New York, New York by Madonna form On the Town Sung by New Directions. Source
- As Long As You’re There by Glee. Sung by Sunshine and Vocal Adrenaline. Source
- Bella Notte from The Lady and The Tramp. Sung by Puck, Sam, Artie, and Mike. Source
- Pretending by Glee. Sung by Finn, Rachel and New Directions. Source
- Light Up The World by Glee. Sung by New Directions.
- For Good from Wicked. Sung by Rachel and Kurt. Source
- Still got Tonight from Matthew Morrison’s new solo Album. Sung by Mr. Schuester. Source
- Yeah! by Usher ft.Lil Jon & Ludacris. Sung by An Unnamed Choir Group
- My Cup performed by Artie and Brittany.
Rating: “Glee” season finale (12.1 million, 7.0/10) Source
- Glee is on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter, they take a look at this season’s finale episode – FIRST LOOK: Glee’s Biggest, Craziest, Most Expensive Show Ever. Article here and more photos here.
- The Glee Summer Tour 2011 starts on May 21st in Las Vegas. Find out more about the tour here.
- Glee’s Summer Tour will hit theaters in 3D on August 12! An August 12 release date has been set for Glee Live! 3D!, a concert film based on the cast’s upcoming tour. Explaining the film’s genesis, Murphy says, “We knew that not every fan who wanted to attend a concert would get that opportunity. Now… we’ll be able to bring the concert experience to movie theaters across the country in full three-dimensional glory. We promise every passionate ‘Gleek’ a cinematic experience that will have them singing and dancing in the aisles.” So all gleeks that can’t attend the tour you’ll have the chance to catch the concert in theaters, but remember it will be for only two weeks. Source
- The Glee Project series premiere is Sunday, June 12 9/8c on Oxygen. Here is a video promoting the series.
Spoilers about this episode:
- The last 6 episodes will revolve around New Directions battling Vocal Adrenaline and making trip to Nationals. Ryan confirmed that Charice has already been shooting scenes for this final arc of the season. Source
- In addition to going on a dream date together, Finchel will have several “big moments” for the last episode of the season. We have already seen photos from the set pairing the two former lovebirds together. In addition, Finn and Rachel team up for an epic duet, singing “Pretending” for the finale. Without confirming or denying that Finn wrote the song for Rachel, E! News suggests that the development of the song involves something significant for the pair. Source
- May 20: It all comes down to this — New Directions heads to New York for Nationals! Source
- Adam Anders confirmed on Twitter that they doing a crazy mash-up. SourceThe cast of New Directions is doing a combination of Madonna’s “I Love New York” and “New York, New York” from “On the Town.”
- Ryan Murphy revealed: “In Act 6 of the ‘Glee’ finale there are four plot reveals — all about relationships, moving forward and resolving some — which will hopefully keep the audience interested over the summer. … It’s one of the reasons why I wanted to delay publication of the script — those things get out, though, in this day and age you can’t keep anything secret.” Source
- It’s been reported that the finale will feature such iconic landmarks as Times Square, Tiffany & Co. and Central Park, and that one of the big numbers is a mashup of ‘New York, New York’ and ‘I Love New York.’Source
- Other season finale spoilers from an extra (Source)
- An unnamed third choir sings ‘Yeah’ by Usher. The choir is an All Girls School Choir.
- Vocal Adrenaline only sings one song, an original song, Sunshine leads the song. It is called ‘As Long As You’re There’.
- New Directions sing 2 songs. First is a Rachel/Finn duet called ‘Pretending’ and then the group number ‘Light Up The World’. The dancing has been described as ‘wonderful!’.
- After singing ‘Pretending’ Finn and Rachel make-out on the stage while the audience is dead silent. The kiss lasts quiet a while.
- Their are lots of Rachel/Finn moments before, during, and after the performances. Lea began to laugh while shooting a scene and some of cast yelled at her jokingly.
- Finn and Rachel will apparently have loving moments in this episode.
- There is a scene shot in the Gershwin Theater where Wicked is showing. It will involve Kurt and Rachel singing For Good.
- Brittany and Santana will end this season with a “bang”
- A scene was shot where Finn gives flowers to Rachel, hinting that they both at least address their feelings for each other.
- Finn and Rachel will have a ‘Dream.
- A note and keys are left on a window in a Tiffany’s branch in New York for Rachel or Kurt. On the note it says “come and go as you please but stay with me always”
- Rachel Berry is finally unleashed on the Great White Way when New Directions faces off against Vocal Adrenaline’s Dustin and Sunshine in Glee’s big season-ending Nationals showdown. “Vocal Adrenaline is the evil empire that dominates through any means necessary,” says exec producer Brad Falchuk, who will also direct the episode in hot spots throughout the Big Apple. “As a valentine to New York City, we want to see as many of the iconic images as we can.” Also, expect famous faces on the judging panel, surprise romance and big developments in the Will-Emma (Matthew Morrison, Jayma Mays) and the Finn-Quinn (Cory Monteith, Dianna Agron) couplings. “We’ll get relief in some way,” says Falchuk, adding that despite speculation, all the series regulars will be back for Season 3. “We love them and have more stories to tell with them all.”
- Producers are casting for an actor to play ‘a nice, slightly overweight security guard at a New York City theater’ who might stop a character who has turned up late from entering. This mean that potentially one of the characters might not be singing at the competition.
- “Pretending”, “As Long As You’re There”, and “Light Up The World” ARE original songs.
- April Rhodes has been confirmed to make a small appearance in this episode.
- Ryan said that Matthew gets his own solo it is called ” Still got Tonight”
- Ausiello gave some keywords about the episode: ‘Everything — relationships, Nationals, etc. — comes down to [spoiler].’
- Things between Finn and Rachel will be ‘crystal clear’ by the end of the finale.
- Rachel and Finn have a “work date” at the famed Theater District eatery.
- Rachel and Finn are seated at their table on the left side of the restaurant. LuPone is positioned at a banquette against the wall. When LuPone gets up to leave, Rachel nervously blocks her path: “Um, excuse me, Miss LuPone? … You’re my idol.” LuPone is gracious and instructs the starstruck teenager to “never give up.” After a handful of run-throughs, LuPone seems to improvise a salutation: Looking at Finn, she whispers to Rachel, “He’s cute.” And then heads for the door.
- Someone will die in the Final episode of the season. It is unknown who it is but it ISN’T Karofsky.
- Brittany and Santana have a resolution with their relationship. Whether it’s just as friends or in relationship, is kind of unclear.
- More than one love triangle will be resolved in this episode.. Its assumed that Rachel/Finn/Quinn and Finn/Rachel/Jesse are 2 of the triangles.
- The third school is an all girls school from Ohio. The girls were described as ‘mostly white’, thus the school most likely is not Jane Adams Academy. Its rumored that the school is Dalton’s sister school, Crawford Country Day School
- Max Adler was on MTV’s 10 on Top and he said that in the Glee finale “There might be a relationship happening that you might not see coming”. Johnathan Groff said fans will be shocked by the ending.
- Spoilers from Glee-Zone:
- Season finale is here. 🙁
- Rachel and Kurt: they’re perfection!
- My Cup – by Bartie
- New Couple alert!
- Rachel and Sunshine scene in the bathroom again.
- Blaine is in the episode!
- Puck says New York is the city of love.
- People talk about their future after they graduate.
- For more spoilers of this season finale you can read this article by THR.
Spoilers on Season 3:
- The playwright and comic book writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will team up with the Glee writers for next season. He’ll become a co-producer and writer of the hit series Glee. Source
- Ryan Murphy told THR: It’s senior year, and we’re writing toward an ending that’s very emotional and dramatic. I’ve always been adamant that the show should be real in terms of timeline. Next year, there will be four new castmembers, kids that come in with their own stories. We’re hiring five new writers who start in June. I believe in the law of physics: You go from being an underdog to whatever the show became — award-winning. Source
- Ryan Murphy told ‘THR’ that season 3 of ‘Glee’ will feature only — gasp! — one tribute episode. “I don’t want to reveal what the tribute is about,” Murphy says, “but we finally got permission.”
- Blaine won’t transfer to McKinley High until season 3, but apparently he will accompany New Directions to Nationals in NYC. Source
- Blaine would eventually follow Kurt to WMHS. Source
- Murphy is making plans for Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holiday to come back next season.