Continuing with more new episodes, Glee will air its third new episode since coming back from hiatus. The episode is titled: Comeback
Synopsis: Rachel tries to launch a comeback into the McKinley High social stratosphere with a little help from Brittany. Meanwhile, Sam starts a tribute band in the “Comeback” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Air Date: Feb 15, 2011
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Cast: Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Dot Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Max Adler as Karofsky; Darren Criss as Blaine; James Earl as Azimio; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes.
Ratings: 10.5 million, 6.3/10 Source
Sneak Peek: The Justin Bieber Experience
Teaser for Comeback
Behind the Scenes
Preview of Baby performed by Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Artie (Kevin McHale)
Preview of various songs
Baby (Justin Bieber)
Somebody to Love (Justin Bieber)
Take Me or Leave Me (Rent)
I know what Boys Want
Sing (My Chemical Romance)
Spoilers about this episode:
- The episode will focus on Quinn, Finn and Sam.
- Rachel will transfer her energy to a comeback in the social stratosphere of McKinley. Source
- Sam, Quinn and Finn love triangle will continue.
- Sam will form a boy band and will be copying Justin Bieber’s hairstyle and singing Baby to try and win Quinn back.
- Ryan Murphy told PerezHilton.com: “We are doing an episode where Sam sings a JB song to win Quinn back…and copies his hairstyle, etc. But it’s a small part of a big episode that has a LOT of other things going on.”
- Mercedes will challenge Rachel to a diva-off.
- Sam and Santana will begin a relationship.
- Jane Lynch’s Sue Sylvester will join New Directions in a performance number set to a song by My Chemical Romance.
- Songs: “Take Me or Leave Me from Rent,” sung by Rachel and Mercedes
“SING” by My Chemical Romance, sung by Sue and New Directions
“Baby” by Justin Bieber, sung by Sam and “Somebody to Love” by Justin Bieber, sung by Sam, Puck, Artie and Mike.
- Blaine’s sexuality will be raised in next week’s episode, Blame it on the Alcohol. Ryan Murphy tells TVLine to “watch the entire episode” before jumping to any conclusions. In the current issue of Out, Murphy said, “Blaine will openly question whether bisexuality is real,” “I think that some people will love that discussion and some will not love it.” Apparently it will involve a game of spin the bottle, my guess Blaine kisses Rachel. Murphy also hinted that the plot’s message is more about common sense than sexual orientation. All but confirming that Blaine’s bi-curiosity is sparked by an encounter with a member of the opposite sex, Murphy teases, “I guess the moral of the story is don’t play spin the bottle while drunk on wine coolers.” Source
- The Quinn, Finn and Rachel love triangle will continue. (…)there is plenty more to come with Finn and Rachel. In addition, we will finally see how the relationship drama plays out between the two rivaling girls. On Thursday, writer Brad Falchuk teased fans about what he is working on for some future episodes: “I’m writing Finn/Rachel and Quinn/Rachel scenes. How are you spending your night?” Source
- As most of us who follow Glee spoilers this is not a surprise: Sam and Quinn will break up.”I got bored. They were too perfect” said Ryan Murphy. But there is more, Sam will start dating Santana and Quinn will find comfort in the form of her old boyfriend Finn. This is true, it comes from an article in EW quoting Glee creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy. Source
- In and upcoming episode Ashley Fink’s Lauren will perform her first solo and when stage fright kicks in, she recalls a nerves-calming remedy that Puck once suggested… what exactly? A source close to the award-winning smash tells me that the cast spent the two weeks prior working out religiously to prepare for an upcoming episode that calls for the entire New Directions crew to drop trou. And shirt. And, well, everything but their unmentionables! Source (this scoop comes from TVLine’s Michael Ausiello) Also, Puck and Lauren relationship will develop as a blown up romance before the season is over.
- Kristin Chenoweth will be back as April Rhodes in the last batch of episodes of the current season for a multi-episode arc. Source
- Want to know what Holly Holliday will be teaching at McKinley High? She will be teaching Sex 101 for the episode 2×15 set to air on March 8.
- Finn and Quinn apparently renewed their romance.
- Holly also encourages Santana to open up about her bisexuality and show a deeper side to new beau, Sam.
- Emma will be irked by Holly’s carefree approach to sexuality, especially when the sub locks lips with Mr. Schuester. Source
- Gwyneth Paltrow (Holy Holliday) and Matthew Morrison (Will Schuester) to cover Prince. According to TVLine, they will team up on a sexed-up version of the onetime glyph’s ’80s smash, “Kiss.” Source
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holliday will have a fling with Mr. Schue.“She’s coming back for two episodes,” “We really sort of hoped that this idea of her and Matt having a little fling during the original episode would work but we just didn’t have time to finish it off, so we’re glad she’s coming back.” tells Brad Falchuk to E!. Source
- Emma will be in this episode (yeeeeh!). Emma who is now married to John Stamos’ Dr. Carl will be bother with Holy Holliday return and not just because of the Will factor. Turns out Emma is now the advisor of McKinley High’s celibacy club, so while sex-ed substitute Holly’s impromptu contraceptive demonstration may get the Glee Club all hot and bothered, it just gets Miss Priss bothered. Source
- What’s in store in Rachel’s love life department? According to TVLineshe’ll be getting some action really soon… and guess what it won`t be with former Finn or Puck. Source
- According to the Examiner, Lady Gaga’s son Born This Way will be sang on Glee by Chris Colfer (Kurt), Darren Criss (Blaine) and Max Adler (Dave Karofsky). Source
- Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl) has reportedly been talking to Matthew Morrison (apperantly they are buddies) about wanting to do a guest spot on Glee. More guest stars? Source
- Brittana (aka Brittany and Santana) is still on. They are going to have “developments” on episode 15 which will also feature Holly Holliday (Gwyneth Paltrow). In fact Holly Holliday is th one who gets them together. “Brittana is on. Brittana was always on. Episode 15—and Gwyneth is the one who gets them together…” (from Brad Falchuk twitter)
- When is Kurt returning to McKinley High? And it doesn’t sound like the show’s in a hurry to get Kurt back to New Directions either. Before learning he was a Golden Globe winner this weekend, we spoke with Chris Colfer on the red carpet, where he told us: “I think eventually I will be back with the old gang but we haven’t filmed that yet so I don’t know how long I will be away from McKinley.” A spy tells me the gang is now wrapping the episode that will air in mid-February, so it definitely won’t happen before then. Source Inside TV (EW)
- During the Golden Globe Awards interviews there were some scoop on future episodes. The biggest scoop is that Anne Hathaway might guest star as Kurt’s lesbian aunt. Most of the other spoilers are not new (if you keep track on the shows spoilers that come out every week) however TVLine has an article about Glee Scoop if you want to read it go here. Also some spoilers (not new really) on E! go here.