Continuing with more new episodes, Glee will air its fourth new episode in a row since coming back from hiatus. The episode is titled: Blame it on the Alcohol
Synopsis: Principal Figgins teaches the student body about the danger of underage drinking, and the glee club is personally touched by the message. Meanwhile, Mr. Schuester and Coach Beiste indulge in a little fun of their own in the all-new “Blame it on the Alcohol” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Feb. 22 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Air Date: Feb 22, 2011
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Cast: Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Dot Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Max Adler as Karofsky; Darren Criss as Blaine; James Earl as Azimio; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins.
- The Rachel Berry House Party
- Puck’s Party Proposition. Watch it here
Behind the Scenes
Glee-Wind: Blame it on the Alcohol
Glee’s Tik Tok performance
Tik Tok performed by Brittany (Heather Morris)
Don’t You want Me performed by Blaine and Rachel (Darren Criss and Lea Michele)
One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer performed by Will and Coach Beiste (Matthew Morrison and Dot Jones)
Blame it on the Alcohol performed by Artie and Mercedes (Kevin McHale and Amber Riley)
Spoilers about this episode:
According to gleeforum.com this is what happens in the episode:
- It’s alcohol awareness week.
- All the kids get drunk.
- Rachel gets drunk before a performance.
- Figginns throws up on Sue.
- All the kids throw up at the end.
- They sing Tik Tok by Ke$ha.
New York Post:
- Jenna Ushkowitz confirms they are doing a Ke$ha song during the episode Blame it on the Alcohol. Source
According to E!:
- Rachel and Blaine lock lips (this might be the episode where Blaine starts to question if bisexuality is real).
- Brittany channels Ke$ha, she’ll take the lead during the performance of Tik Tok.
- A big country themed number, it’s rumored to be a Taylor Swift song. Source
According to TVLine:
- Blaine’s sexuality will be raised in Blame it on the Alcohol. Ryan Murphy tells TVLine to“watch the entire episode” before jumping to any conclusions. In the current issue of Out, Murphy said,“Blaine will openly question whether bisexuality is real,” “I think that some people will love that discussion and some will not love it.” Apparently it will involve a game of spin the bottle, my guess Blaine kisses Rachel. Murphy also hinted that the plot’s message is more about common sense than sexual orientation. All but confirming that Blaine’s bi-curiosity is sparked by an encounter with a member of the opposite sex, Murphy teases, “I guess the moral of the story is don’t play spin the bottle while drunk on wine coolers.” Source
- Blaine will mess around with… Rachel! Fox’s promo department already spoiled it — he macks on Rachel! It all goes down at what Mercedes refers to as, “The Rachel Berry House Party Train Wreck Extravaganza!” Source
- Two original songs for upcoming episodes: For the first time ever, Glee premieres two new and original songs on Glee: The Music, Volume 5, available March 8. “Loser Like Me,” an energetic ensemble track was co-written by pop mastermind Max Martin (Britney Spears, P!nk) and “Get It Right” is a moving ballad brought to life by Lea Michele‘s immense voice. These original tracks will air in the “GLEE” episode TUESDAY, MARCH 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Source
- John Stamos posted on his twitter account a photo from Glee‘s upcoming episode Sexy that will air on March 8th. Source
- Burt Hummel will appear in the next two episodes. The first being in Blame it on the Alcohol. ”My upcoming scenes are with Kurt, and it’s some really great stuff,” he promised. “It’s the further stage of evolution of Burt needing to accept his son as who he is. They have some conversations Burt neverthought he would have to have.” Blaine-related, no doubt. Source
- In Glee’s casting breakdown, producers are looking are casting two roles inmediately (two episode starts shooting Tuesday, Feb 22nd). The first is for a character named Tammy Jean, a middle-aged “recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler — a Sarah Palin type.” It is unclear when the season two episode will air but it will begin shooting Tuesday. In addition to Tammy Jean, Glee producers are also looking to cast Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun. Source
- On this same news TVLine informs that Kathy Griffin and Grey’s Anatomy Loretta Devine have been casted as judges for the upcoming Regionals episode. Contrary to what’s been reported, TVLine’s source said that Tammy Jean, theD-Listed liberal’s home-schooling Tea Party candidate character, isn’t really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor. Devine will play Sister Mary Constance: Though the character wears a halo and a habit now, she is said to have worn a lot less in her former profession, at least by the end of a shift: She used to be a stripper! Source
- Tina and Mike’s relationship: When TVLine’s Megan Masters grilled Harry Shum Jr. about the future of Tike/Mina, he replied ominously, “Sometimes when it goes so good, it can go so bad — and I will leave it at that.” Source
- As most of us who follow Glee spoilers this is not a surprise: Sam and Quinn will break up.”I got bored. They were too perfect” said Ryan Murphy. But there is more, Sam will start dating Santana and Quinn will find comfort in the form of her old boyfriend Finn. This is true, it comes from an article in EW quoting Glee creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy. Source UPDATE: So Sam and Quinn already broke up in the Comeback episode, now we are just waiting for her to get back together with Finn because Sam is already dating Santana.
- Puck and Lauren relationship will develop as a blown up romance before the season is over. Source
- Want to know what Holly Holliday will be teaching at McKinley High? She will be teaching Sex 101 for the episode 2×15 set to air on March 8.
- Finn and Quinn apparently renewed their romance.
- Holly also encourages Santana to open up about her bisexuality and show a deeper side to new beau, Sam.
- Emma will be irked by Holly’s carefree approach to sexuality, especially when the sub locks lips with Mr. Schuester. Source
- Gwyneth Paltrow (Holy Holliday) and Matthew Morrison (Will Schuester) to cover Prince. According to TVLine, they will team up on a sexed-up version of the onetime glyph’s ’80s smash, “Kiss.” Source
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holliday will have a fling with Mr. Schue.“She’s coming back for two episodes,” “We really sort of hoped that this idea of her and Matt having a little fling during the original episode would work but we just didn’t have time to finish it off, so we’re glad she’s coming back.” tells Brad Falchuk to E!. Source
- Emma will be in this episode (yeeeeh!). Emma who is now married to John Stamos’ Dr. Carl will be bother with Holy Holliday return and not just because of the Will factor. Turns out Emma is now the advisor of McKinley High’s celibacy club, so while sex-ed substitute Holly’s impromptu contraceptive demonstration may get the Glee Club all hot and bothered, it just gets Miss Priss bothered. Source
- Brittana (aka Brittany and Santana) is still on. They are going to have “developments” on episode 15 which will also feature Holly Holliday (Gwyneth Paltrow). In fact Holly Holliday is th one who gets them together. “Brittana is on. Brittana was always on. Episode 15—and Gwyneth is the one who gets them together…” (from Brad Falchuk twitter)
- Charice will be back for 4 more episodes. ”I’m doing Glee, of course,” she said. “I’m on for four more episodes, which is exciting.” Details on Sunshine’s return are scarce, but she’s hoping she’ll get to showcase her diva side, with songs like “Beyoncé’s ‘Crazy In Love.’” Source
- What’s in store in Rachel’s love life department? According to TVLineshe’ll be getting some action really soon… and guess what it won`t be with former Finn or Puck. Source
- According to the Examiner, Lady Gaga’s son Born This Way will be sang on Glee by Chris Colfer (Kurt), Darren Criss (Blaine) and Max Adler (Dave Karofsky). Source
- Kristin Chenoweth will be back as April Rhodes in the last batch of episodes of the current season for a multi-episode arc. Source
- When is Kurt returning to McKinley High? And it doesn’t sound like the show’s in a hurry to get Kurt back to New Directions either. Before learning he was a Golden Globe winner this weekend, we spoke with Chris Colfer on the red carpet, where he told us: “I think eventually I will be back with the old gang but we haven’t filmed that yet so I don’t know how long I will be away from McKinley.” A spy tells me the gang is now wrapping the episode that will air in mid-February, so it definitely won’t happen before then. Source Inside TV (EW)
- During the Golden Globe Awards interviews there were some scoop on future episodes. The biggest scoop is that Anne Hathaway might guest star as Kurt’s lesbian aunt. Most of the other spoilers are not new (if you keep track on the shows spoilers that come out every week) however TVLine has an article about Glee Scoop if you want to read it go here. Also some spoilers (not new really) on E! go here.
- Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl) has reportedly been talking to Matthew Morrison (apperantly they are buddies) about wanting to do a guest spot on Glee. More guest stars? Source