The glee kids will go to Regionals for episode 2×16 and will face the Warblers and Aural Intensity.
Synopsis: With Sue Sylvester coaching Aural Intensity, Blaine and the Warblers’ dynamic set list and tough judges Tammy Jean Albertson (guest star Griffin) and Sister Mary Constance (guest star Devine), the kids of New Directions decide the only way to win Regionals is to write and perform their own original songs. Meanwhile, Quinn is hell-bent on getting Finn back and ruling McKinley once again in the all-new “Original Song” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, March 15 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Air Date: March 15
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Cast: Kathy Griffin as Tammy Jean Albertson; Loretta Devine as Sister Mary Constance; Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Darren Criss as Blaine; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes.
Behind the Scenes
The much anticipated Glee original songs for Regionals!
Hell to the No, performed by Mercedes is and original song based on one of Mercedes’ earliest catchphrases. Source
Spoilers about this episode:
- A recap of the spoilers about this episode from gleeforum.com
It´s the regionals episode. And apparently they win!
Their competition: The Warblers and Aural Intensity
They sing two original songs: Get it Right and Loser like Me
Judges played by Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine (nun who used to be a stripper).
The Warblers perform first: a Kurt and Blaine duet Candle follow by Raise Your Glass
The Warblers are dressed in their school uniform
Aural Intensity perform second with Jesus is Friend of Mine
New Directions sing “Loser Like Me” and then “Get It Right”. New Directions performance involves them throwing a slushie at the crowd. One of the songs has been said to be a Rachel/Finn duet while the other is a group number. Guys are dressed in all black, girls black tights, combat boots, and teal-ish tops.
The Episode is apparently very Quinn orientated. Her deep desire to be Prom Queen will appear again this episode. Also her mother will appear again and we find out she was Prom Queen in her High School years.
Someone significant to the Regionals Competition dies.
This episode involves a ‘Game Changing Speech’.
Apparently Kurt is coming back to New Directions soon, definitely this season and Blaine might follow because Glee ended contracts with the school the Warblers film at, so it’s possible we’ll be seeing the end of the Warblers very soon.
During Kurt and Blaine’s duet at Regionals Quinn grabs Finn’s hand.
Get It Right (Original Song), written by TBA. Sung by Rachel.
Loser Like Me (Original Song), written by TBA. Sung by New Directions.
Raise Your Glass by P!nk. Sung by Dalton Academy Warblers.
Candles by Hey Monday. Sung by Kurt and Blaine.
Jesus Is A Friend Of Mine by TBA. Sung by Aural Intensity.
Animal by Neon Trees. Sung by Dalton Academy Warblers.
- TVLine’s latest spoiler on Glee: The Grim Reaper, of all people, will be crashing Regionals! Rumor has it someone will sing their swan song just prior to the big competish. And to say the tragedy has a significant impact on the long-awaited event is big freakin’ understatement. UPDATE: According to Glee Wiki, Pavarotti (male bird canary that the Warblers give to new members) is the one who is rumour to die during this episode. Pavarotti will die as a metaphor for Kurt’s time as a Warbler coming to an end, and signaling Kurt’s return to William McKinley High.
- Dianna Agron revealed that Quinn will be given more comedic material for the upcoming Regionals episode. She said the comedy stems from her deep desire to be Prom Queen. Also that we will find out the Quinn’s mom was also Prom Queen. Source: Billy Bush Show Interview
- Two original songs for upcoming episodes: For the first time ever, Glee premieres two new and original songs on Glee: The Music, Volume 5, available March 8. “Loser Like Me,” an energetic ensemble track was co-written by pop mastermind Max Martin (Britney Spears, P!nk) and “Get It Right” is a moving ballad brought to life by Lea Michele‘s immense voice. These original tracks will air in the “GLEE” episode TUESDAY, MARCH 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Source
- In Glee’s casting breakdown, producers are looking are casting two roles inmediately (two episode starts shooting Tuesday, Feb 22nd). The first is for a character named Tammy Jean, a middle-aged “recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler — a Sarah Palin type.” It is unclear when the season two episode will air but it will begin shooting Tuesday. In addition to Tammy Jean, Glee producers are also looking to cast Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun. Source
- On this same news TVLine informs that Kathy Griffin and Grey’s Anatomy Loretta Devine have been casted as judges for the upcoming Regionals episode. Contrary to what’s been reported, TVLine’s source said that Tammy Jean, theD-Listed liberal’s home-schooling Tea Party candidate character, isn’t really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor. Devine will play Sister Mary Constance: Though the character wears a halo and a habit now, she is said to have worn a lot less in her former profession, at least by the end of a shift: She used to be a stripper! Source
- Episode 2×18 will be titled: Born this Way. In this episode Karofsky comes with terms of who he is (it involves a little blackmail).
- Episode 2×17 called “Night of Neglect,” is an episode focusing on artists that may have been neglected or underappreciated over the years. Source
- Glee is casting for the role of Dr. Shane, described as “a very smart, cool and kind psychiatrist.” Right now, the role is described as a guest stint, but it could possibly be a recurring gig. Dr. Shane won’t be appearing until after the mini hiatus, so in the meantime, let’s speculate on who at McKinley High is most likely to head to the psych couch. Source
- Look for some romantic shakeups in the adult world, specifically involving Will. Hint: There’s a reason Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holiday is back for more than one episode. And despite speculation, itdoesn’t involve Cheyenne Jackson’s returning Vocal Adrenaline coach, Dustin Goolsby (although hedoes make a play for her.) Source
- Charice will be back in an upcoming episode (episode 17th). These pics were tweeted this week.
- Glee scoop, please! — Bobbie
NATALIE: What would bring the disgraced Sandy Ryerson (Stephen Tobolowsky) back to McKinley High? The chance to topple Mr. Schu’s glee-topia, of course! In an upcoming episode, he’ll be on hand to critique a Jack Johnson number. The question is: What the heck are Becky and Jacob doing there? Source
- Whatever happens next week between Rachel and Quinn doesn’t mean as much as what happens between Rachel and Finn because not only does she not give up on him, Rachel begins to try harder to fix things between her and Finn, and Finn is starting to soften towards her. Quinn, though, won’t sit by and let that happen— she has her own plans up her sleeve to ruin things and keep Finn for herself. Source
- Okay so it’s not really a big storyline or anything but…Apparently this week during filming Santana was the lucky victim of a slushie facial by none other than Karofsky. Source
- Some pics from episode 2×17 titled A Night of Neglet