Glee is back with an all new season. This will be the shows third year on TV which also marks the graduation for many of the beloved characters. See what’s coming on the 3rd season of Glee!
Synopsis: Episode Synopsis: As Season 3 begins, the glee kids are down in the dumps following their disappointing showing at Regionals, so Will assigns them a project to get them back on track. Meanwhile, Ms. Sylvester wants to go to Washington: Sue’s running for Congress. Source
Air Date: Tuesday September 20th, 2011 (FOX)
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Stars: Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta, Lauren Potter as Becky Johnson, LaMarcus Tinker as Marcus, Bill A. Jones as Rod Remington and Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes.
First 36 seconds of season 3 premiere
TV Teaser: Exclusive ‘Glee’ Premiere Clip
‘Glee’: New Directions perform a cafeteria-set version of The Go-Go’s ‘We Got the Beat’ EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- It´s Not Unusual by Tom Jones. Performed by Blaine with the Cheerios.
- We Got the Beat by The Go Go’s. Performed by New Directions.
- Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead from The Wizard of OZ. Performed by TBA.
- Anything Goes/Anything You Can Do from Anything Goes/Annie Get Your Gun. Performed by TBA.
- You Can’t Stop the Beat from Hairspray. Performed by TBA.
- Glee is up for many awards at this weekend’s Emmys which also be hosted by Jane Lynch.
- In case you missed it, go here to see the Glee Season 3 back to school pictures.
- Glee Season 2 DVD and Blu-Ray was released this week, don’t forget to get your copy.
On this episode:
- Since Chord Overstreet depature from Glee, his character Sam Evans will be written off the show. His family is moving out of Ohio. Source
- In the first few minutes we will learn who is a junior and who is a senior. Source
According to Glee Wiki:
- Santana and Brittany have rejoined the Cheerios.
- Quinn has quit the Glee Club and has fallen into a darker crowd.
- Old relationships have ended (Puck and Lauren) and new ones have begun (Will and Emma).
- Finn is still the target of Slushee facials compliments of the hockey team.
- Sue embarks on a political campaign, to boost her flagging numbers she involves into cutting all public school funding for arts programs… her popularity among voters begin to rise.
- Rachel and Kurt set their sights on colleges… only to discover they aren’t as uniquely talented as they had always assumed.
- Santana discovers she has a new and surprisisng adversary in the form of Becky Jackson (I believe they are the Cheerios Co-Captains). Source
- A former show-choir competitor enrolls at McKinley, receiving a lukewarm reception from all but one of the club’s male singers (Could this be Blaine?)
In this link are some spoilers from a person claiming to have seen a rough copy of this episode. Don’t know if it’s true but if you want to take a look.
On future episodes:
- We will met Mike Chang’s parents. EW has learned exclusively that Tamlyn Tomita (The Joy Luck Club) and Keong Sim (The Last Airbender) will play mom and pop to Mike, played by Harry Shum Jr. The duo will appear in the third episode of the season, which airs Oct. 4. Source
- We will see less of Lauren Zizes as she is no longer with Puck. Source 1 Source 2
- Idina Menzel will return and casting have been made for a baby girl (maybe little Beth). Next season will see Shelby returning from New York to Ohio to join William McKinley High School as a new teacher and complicating things for Rachel as well as former flame Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison). Source
- Emma’s Parents come to town. Rusty and Rose Pillsbury will be played by Don Most and Valerie Majaffey. Source
- According to SPOILER TV, Glee is casting 3 new recurring characters: A young 18 or older actor to play a 17-year-old handsome Gleek in a big recurring role, a “major guest star” (I thought Ryan said no on the guest stars?!). Johnny, a football recruiter with Ohio State University (a storyline meant for Finn, methinks). Technically he’s already been casted – Jack Harding is all set to play Mr. Baroody. A mad scientist new teacher at McKinley I’m guessing…but teacher of what? Place your guesses in the comments below!
- Santana is not happy about Rory (played by Glee Project winner Damian McGinty) living with Brittany.
- Go to Spoilers Guide for more Glee spoilers. Here