Two weeks until Glee‘s new episode Sexy with guest star Gwyneth Paltrow as Holy Holliday.
Synopsis: Substitute Holly Holliday (Gwyneth Paltrow) fills in for the sex-ed teacher and joins forces with Will to teach the glee kids the facts of life. Meanwhile, Emma heads the Celibacy Club, leading her and Dr. Carl (John Stamos) to address personal issues in the all-new “Sexy” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Mar. 8 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Air Date: March 8, 2011
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Cast: Gwyneth Paltrow as Holy Holliday, John Stamos as Dr. Carl, Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Darren Criss as Blaine; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes.
Do You Want to Touch Me performance
B-Rolls (including Stevie Nicks visit on the set of Glee)
- Kiss by Prince. Performed by Holly Holliday and Will Schuester.
- Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah) by Joan Jett. Performed by Holly Holliday and New Directions.
- Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band. Performed by Dr. Carl, Rachel, Puck and Quinn.
- Landslide by Stevie Nicks. Performed by Holly Holliday with Santana and Brittany.
- Animal by Neon Trees. Performed by the Dalton Academy’s Warblers.
Spoilers about this episode:
- Want to know what Holly Holliday will be teaching at McKinley High?She will be teaching Sex 101 for the episode2×15 set to air on March 8.
- Finn and Quinn apparently renewed their romance.
- Holly also encourages Santana to open up about her bisexuality and show a deeper side to new beau, Sam.
- Emma will be irked by Holly’s carefree approach to sexuality, especially when the sub locks lips with Mr. Schuester. Source
- Gwyneth Paltrow (Holy Holliday) and Matthew Morrison (Will Schuester) to cover Prince. According to TVLine, they will team up on a sexed-up version of the onetime glyph’s ’80s smash, “Kiss.” Source
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holliday will have a fling with Mr. Schue.“She’s coming back for two episodes,” “We really sort of hoped that this idea of her and Matt having a little fling during the original episode would work but we just didn’t have time to finish it off, so we’re glad she’s coming back.” tells Brad Falchuk to E!. Source
- Emma will be in this episode (yeeeeh!). Emma who is now married to John Stamos’ Dr. Carl will be bother with Holy Holliday return and not just because of the Will factor. Turns out Emma is now the advisor of McKinley High’s celibacy club, so while sex-ed substitute Holly’s impromptu contraceptive demonstration may get the Glee Club all hot and bothered, it just gets Miss Priss bothered. Source
- Brittana (aka Brittany and Santana) is still on. They are going to have “developments” on episode 15 which will also feature Holly Holliday (Gwyneth Paltrow). In fact Holly Holliday is th one who gets them together. “Brittana is on. Brittana was always on. Episode 15—and Gwyneth is the one who gets them together…” (from Brad Falchuk twitter)
- John Stamos posted on his twitter account a photo from Glee’s upcoming episode Sexy that will air on March 8th. Source
- Guess which couple is getting sex counseling from Holly Holliday? Newlyweds Emma and Carl. Matthew Morrison told EW: ”Holly ends up counseling them a little bit,” says star Matthew Morrison. “It turns out their sex life isn’t all that.” Adds Morrison, “At the same time, I find out the glee club is having a lot of sex and they’re not really informed as to what’s going on. Holly and I come up with an idea to teach them through song about the dangers of sex.” “By the end of the episode, we kind of get together. She has to leave again but there’s a possibility of a future between Will and Holly.” Source
- According to E!’s Watch with Kristin, Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holliday ditches Matthew Morrison’s Will Schuester n favor of Vocal Adrenaline coach Dustin Goolsby (Cheyenne Jackson). Source UPDATE: Look for some romantic shakeups in the adult world, specifically involving Will. Hint: There’s a reason Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holiday is back for more than one episode. And despite speculation, itdoesn’t involve Cheyenne Jackson’s returning Vocal Adrenaline coach, Dustin Goolsby (although hedoes make a play for her.) Source
- EW reports: Paltrow is currently shooting yet another episode of Glee, her third this season. Does this means she’ll appear on the Regionals episode. Source
- TVLine spoilers: Jessalyn Gilsig reported back to the set this week for an episode to air in late March/early April. And rumor has it Terri’s up to her old tricks again. So Terry is Back!. About the big death on Glee’s regionals: I never said the death was big — I said the fallout was. And the only other clue you’re getting is the gender of the victim: male. Source
- Possible guest star? You´ll be the judge.
- TVLine’s latest spoiler on Glee: The Grim Reaper, of all people, will be crashing Regionals! Rumor has it someone will sing their swan song just prior to the big competish. And to say the tragedy has a significant impact on the long-awaited event is big freakin’ understatement.
- Dianna Agron revealed that Quinn will be given more comedic material for the upcoming Regionals episode. She said the comedy stems from her deep desire to be Prom Queen. Also that we will find out the Quinn’s mom was also Prom Queen. Source: Billy Bush Show Interview
- Two original songs for upcoming episodes: For the first time ever, Glee premieres two new and original songs on Glee: The Music, Volume 5, available March 8. “Loser Like Me,” an energetic ensemble track was co-written by pop mastermind Max Martin (Britney Spears, P!nk) and “Get It Right” is a moving ballad brought to life by Lea Michele‘s immense voice. These original tracks will air in the “GLEE” episode TUESDAY, MARCH 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Source
- Burt Hummel will appear in the next two episodes. The first being in Blame it on the Alcohol. ”My upcoming scenes are with Kurt, and it’s some really great stuff,” he promised. “It’s the further stage of evolution of Burt needing to accept his son as who he is. They have some conversations Burt neverthought he would have to have.” Blaine-related, no doubt. Source
- In Glee’s casting breakdown, producers are looking are casting two roles inmediately (two episode starts shooting Tuesday, Feb 22nd). The first is for a character named Tammy Jean, a middle-aged “recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler — a Sarah Palin type.” It is unclear when the season two episode will air but it will begin shooting Tuesday. In addition to Tammy Jean, Glee producers are also looking to cast Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun. Source
- On this same news TVLine informs that Kathy Griffin and Grey’s Anatomy Loretta Devine have been casted as judges for the upcoming Regionals episode. Contrary to what’s been reported, TVLine’s source said that Tammy Jean, theD-Listed liberal’s home-schooling Tea Party candidate character, isn’t really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor. Devine will play Sister Mary Constance: Though the character wears a halo and a habit now, she is said to have worn a lot less in her former profession, at least by the end of a shift: She used to be a stripper! Source
- Some filming spoilers (Tuesday 22nd) – apparently the regionals episode:
Kurt/Blaine duet called ‘Candles’ and also the Warblers are doing Raise Your Glass.
Everyone already knows ND/Lea are doing the original songs Loser Like Me/Get It Right.
Little tidbits – Apparently the songs are really good. Lea sings lead in the group number (and gets the solo obviously) and Cory has a part too, but it’s a group number, I don’t know anything else.
Guys are dressed in all black, girls black tights, combat boots, and teal-ish tops.
Aural Intensity will be singing ‘Jesus Is A Friend of Mine’
Sue wants the teaparty vote. Source
- Tina and Mike’s relationship: When TVLine’s Megan Masters grilled Harry Shum Jr. about the future of Tike/Mina, he replied ominously, “Sometimes when it goes so good, it can go so bad — and I will leave it at that.” Source
- As most of us who follow Glee spoilers this is not a surprise: Sam and Quinn will break up.”I got bored. They were too perfect” said Ryan Murphy. But there is more, Sam will start dating Santana and Quinn will find comfort in the form of her old boyfriend Finn. This is true, it comes from an article in EW quoting Glee creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy. Source UPDATE: So Sam and Quinn already broke up in the Comeback episode, now we are just waiting for her to get back together with Finn because Sam is already dating Santana.
- Puck and Lauren relationship will develop as a blown up romance before the season is over. Source
- Charice will be back for 4 more episodes. ”I’m doing Glee, of course,” she said. “I’m on for four more episodes, which is exciting.” Details on Sunshine’s return are scarce, but she’s hoping she’ll get to showcase her diva side, with songs like “Beyoncé’s ‘Crazy In Love.’” Source
- What’s in store in Rachel’s love life department? According to TVLineshe’ll be getting some action really soon… and guess what it won`t be with former Finn or Puck. Source UPDATE: Were they referring to the kiss she had with Blaine on episode 2×14 Blame it on the Alcohol?
- According to the Examiner, Lady Gaga’s son Born This Way will be sang on Glee by Chris Colfer (Kurt), Darren Criss (Blaine) and Max Adler (Dave Karofsky). Source
- Kristin Chenoweth will be back as April Rhodes in the last batch of episodes of the current season for a multi-episode arc. Source
- When is Kurt returning to McKinley High? And it doesn’t sound like the show’s in a hurry to get Kurt back to New Directions either. Before learning he was a Golden Globe winner this weekend, we spoke with Chris Colfer on the red carpet, where he told us: “I think eventually I will be back with the old gang but we haven’t filmed that yet so I don’t know how long I will be away from McKinley.” A spy tells me the gang is now wrapping the episode that will air in mid-February, so it definitely won’t happen before then. Source Inside TV (EW)
- During the Golden Globe Awards interviews there were some scoop on future episodes. The biggest scoop is that Anne Hathaway might guest star as Kurt’s lesbian aunt. Most of the other spoilers are not new (if you keep track on the shows spoilers that come out every week) however TVLine has an article about Glee Scoop if you want to read it go here. Also some spoilers (not new really) on E! go here.