On Glee‘s Rumours we learn more about Sam’s family life and April Rhodes (Kristin Chenoweth) returns!
Synopsis: Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) revives the school newspaper and decides to print a few inflammatory blind items. The glee club gains a whole new respect for Sam (guest star Chord Overstreet) when they discover some interesting new information about his family life. Meanwhile, April Rhodes (guest star Kristin Chenoweth) returns to Lima and tries to convince Mr. Schuester (Matthew Morrison) to hit the road with her. “Rumours” airs Tuesday, May 3 (8:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Source
Air Date: May 3rd
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Preview of April Rhodes and Will Schuester’s performance of Dreams
Behind the Scenes
“Don’t Stop” by Fleetwood Mac — New Directions
“Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac — April Rhodes and Will
“Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac — Rachel
“I Don’t Want To Know” by Fleetwood Mac — Finn and Quinn
“Never Going Back Again” by Fleetwood Mac — Artie
“Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac — Santana
“It’s 10 A.M. & I’m Drunk” by Glee — April with New Directions
Spoilers about this episode:
- EW: April Rhodes (Kristin Chenoweth) returns! Meanwhile, Sue (Jane Lynch) brings back the school newspaper and, naturally, begins to plant blind gossip items. Plus, a secret is revealed about Sam (Chord Overstreet) that brings him closer to the glee club.
- Murphy also confirmed that Kristin Chenoweth’s April Rhodes will be back later this season, and she’ll be belting out the Glee original, “It’s 10 am, I’m Drunk.” (She returns to pester Will Schuester after her all-Caucasian production of The Wiz crashed and burned and she’s now performing in a one-woman show called Crossroads.) Source
- We will get to see Sam’s home life in the upcoming “Rumors” episode when Finn — suspicious that Quinn is cheating on him with Trouty Mouth — goes on a stakeout with (wait for it) Rachel! Source
- On episode 2×19 we get to meet Sam’s little brother and sister. Source
- Glee is casting a pretty blonde girl and a handsome african-american boy to play high school students back in the ’70s.
- Prom preparations and the race for prom court will bring fun Finchel moments and some hilarious Finn material. Source
- On Saturday, one extra from the set gave a scoop about the prom episode. After photos of Lea Michele (Rachel) and Cory Monteith (Finn) filming at a motel surfaced, one fan asked about what this means for their characters. Thesourcereplied: “I’m not sure what happens at the motel but I’m sure there’s good stuff to come this week with the actual dance.” The title for the prom episode is “Relations,” suggesting a sexual theme for the show. The episode is schedule for May 3, 2011. Source
- Sue Sylvester will get in touch with her inner David Bowie. “I’m dressing up as David Bowie today,” Jane Lynch revealed on Wednesday’s Access Hollywood Live of her upcoming shoot for the hit FOX show. Jane revealed her Cheerios coach character would be donning one of the many looks of the Thin White Duke at McKinley High. “Sue Sylvester is going incognito as David Bowie today,” Jane said. “I mean, come on. Who gets this kind of stuff?” Source
- Glee Wiki – Rumors Spoilers:
- It is supposed to be a Fleetwood Mac tribute episode similar to the Britney Spears, Madonna and Lady GaGa episodes.
- Sam’s younger brother and sister are introduced in this episode. Sam apparently isn’t the only ‘Trouty Mouth’ in the family. Sam’s family may also be in trouble. Sam and his siblings taking solace in a motel.
- Rachel is going to prom with someone, but whether this person is a romantic interest or just a friend is currently unknown.
- Quinn/Finn and Puck/Lauren will go to prom together.
- Lauren and Quinn are running for Prom Queen.
- Rachel and Finn will go on a “stakeout” to spy on Quinn and Sam, Finn being suspicious that Quinn is cheating on him with Sam. From the promo, it is now possible that their “stakeout” is to spy on Kurt and Sam, but it could still be to spy on Quinn and Sam.
- The League of Doom will be involved in this episode.
- Sue will dress up as David Bowie.
- Santana’s date to the Prom is Karofsky.
- Jacob Ben Israel was interviewing Puck about Lauren and he said that “Lauren and I are ahead of Santana and Dave” or something like that. He was talking about prom king and queen.
- Ian Brennan said that the Kurt and Karofsky storyline will be addressed in the final five or six episode.
- Finn feels like he has no dignity because Quinn has him handing out pins to vote them for prom king and queen.
- There’s a flashback to the 70’s and it involves an African American male and a pretty blonde girl.
- There’s a Fuinn duet in this episode.
- Prom preparations and race for prom court. There will be some fun Finchel moments. And some hilarious Finn material
- Finn and Quinn’s relationship will begin to unravel
- Puck and Rachel become closer friends
- For more spoilers on this episode go to Glee Wiki
- Season Finale Song list revealed (Source):
- TBA by TBA. Sung by Brittany, Rachel, Quinn, Tina and Lauren.
- I Love New York/New York, New York by Madonna/Frank Sinatra. Sung by New Directions.
- As Long As You’re There by Glee. Sung by Vocal Adrenaline.
- Bella Notte from The Lady and The Tramp. Sung by Puck, Sam, Artie, and Mike.
- Pretending by Glee. Sung by New Directions.
- Light Up The World by Glee. Sung by New Directions.
- TV Guide’s Season 2 Finale Preview:
- EW: May 10: New Directions performs at the McKinley High prom and the dreamy-but-duplicitous Jessie St. James (Jonathan Groff) shows up. May 13: Jessie helps New Directions prepare their performance for Nationals. (Should they be trusting him again?) But the big news is that someone will die. (The episode is titled “Funeral.”) May 20: It all comes down to this — New Directions heads to New York for Nationals! Source
- TVLine: Sources confirm to me exclusively that this season’s penultimate episode, which bears the ominous title “Funeral,” is about the death of several things. One being a beloved character. The other being a major couple. Source
- The dearly departed is female. And not named Emma. Source
- Glee extra revealed McKinley’s Prom Queen and King. Extra Nicole Crowther tweeted, “K is PQ and Ka is PK.” Wow. This basically means thatKurt (K) is the king and Karofsky (Ka) is the king. Is McKinley’s self-hating gay coming to terms with his sexuality and possibly going to end up with Kurt? Producer Brad Falchuk was VERY upset about this and wrote, “@nicolecrowther hope you’re qualified to do something besides work in entertainment.” He followed that up with, “@nicolecrowther Who are you to spoil something talented people have spent months to create?” Given how quickly news gets out there is of course a chance the cast will have to reshoot because of spoilers, but either way it is amazing Glee was willing to make this huge statement about acceptance on their show. Source
- Who’s Covering Rebecca Black’s ‘Friday’ on Glee? Though it’s Wednesday today, how about a little news on “Friday”? The hot rumor of the hour is that Glee’s prom episode will include a cover of Rebecca Black’s infamous YouTube hit “Friday,” and Vulture can confirm that and reveal an opposite-sex twist: The ode to fun, sitting in the back seat, fun, and fun will be sung by Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet, and Mark Salling. (Though another rumor had returning guest star Jonathan Groff taking part, we hear he isn’t involved.) Who knows: Maybe if this attempt in covering viral video ditties turns out well, Ryan Murphy could talk Gwyneth Paltrow into a rendition of “I’m Zack”? Source
- Jesse’s back! Even though our first assumption would be that Jesse is returning to woo Rachel, he has another motive up his sleeve (which is most likely a leather jacket sleeve, of cours). But don’t worry, Jesse’s motive isn’t evil. He’s just trying to help out a friend.
- Santana’s future with Brittany: “She’s definitely a lesbian,” Brad Falchuk tells us, forever putting to rest the question of her sexuality. Now that we cleared that up, Santana won’t be over Brittany anytime soon, so instead of dealing with it, she kind of runs from it. And she’ll be running into the arms of…a dude.
- The bosses over at Glee are looking to cast someone to play Jarod, a high school student with Down syndrome. Perhaps he’ll have some kind of relationship with Becky (Lauren Potter)? Source
- Blaine won’t transfer to McKinley High until season 3, but apparently he will accompany New Directions to Nationals in NYC. Source
- Jonathan Groff will be back on Glee! He will reprise his role of Jesse St. James for the last 3 episodes of the current season. Groff exited Glee at the end of Season 1 when the Vocal Adrenaline frontman’s diabolical scheme to infiltrate and bring down New Directions was revealed. Next thing you know Jesse’s back with VA and Rachel’s heart is in tatters. “He’s back to apologize to Rachel,” confides a source close to the show, “and perhaps get her back.”Source
- TVLine Spoilers: Look for a VERY unlikely “romantic” pairing to take shape as the show’s second season enters the homestretch. And you know that when I do “very” in all caps like that, I mean business.
- On season finale cliffhanger: That’s negatory. I’m not saying the show won’t leave you with some questions to ponder over the long, hot summer. But the episode doesn’t end with an OMGWTF-type mind twister. Source
- The last 6 episodes will revolve around New Directions battling Vocal Adrenaline and making trip to Nationals. Ryan confirmed that Charice has already been shooting scenes for this final arc of the season. Source
- No Brittana in the near future since Artie and Brittany are still together and happy. This won’t make Brittana fans happy, but Kevin McHale tells us that Brittany and Artie will stay happy. “They work. I think in high school it can be very superficial and about the looks, but somehow Brittany sees through that,” he says. “And you wouldn’t think she would, but I think she genuinely does. And Artie was the first person to draw any type of emotion out of Brittany, which was big.” The couple that works together, stays together, I always say. Source
- No word yet on Anne Hathaway’s guest role. We asked the same question to executive producer/writer/director Brad Falchuk who tells us they are “trying to make it happen.” Apparently, Anne is some huge movie star and has other stuff to do? “She’s got a pretty tight schedule too, so we don’t know if it’s going to happen this season,” Brad says. But on the bright side, we have Kristin Chenoweth’s return to look forward to! Source
- Interview with Jessalyn Gilsig about Terri. Read it here, it contains spoilers.
- Later this season, Kurt and Blaine will be attending prom together.
- Blaine would eventually follow Kurt to WMHS when he revealed that the Warblers’ lead singer would audition for New Directions in Season 3.
- Murphy is making plans for Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holiday to come back next season.
- Glee has been granted the rights to Fleetwood Mac’s legendary “Rumors.” So an episode devoted to an album might be in the way.
- Mercedes will get a love interest.
- The Rachel/Finn/Quinn love triangle is a huge part of the rest of Season 2, Murphy offered. Cory Monteith, for one, says he thinks it’s more interesting when “Finchel” is apart.
- Both Murphy and Falchuk explained that while they love the Brittany/Santana dynamic, the focus will now be Santana’s solo journey as she comes to terms with her sexuality. Source
- New song from the Warblers: Do ya think I’s Sexy (Source)
- As of right now, we can tell you Sam and Rachel is not happening, but Glee productions rolls on everyday, so we can’t say it’ll never happen. If those two do get together, then from what we understand based on other storylines, it’ll be a big twist that would cause a lot of problems for others besides Finn. We think it would make more of a mess than what the shock is worth, but Ryan Murphy certainly does love to make things sticky. Source
- Patti Lupone is currently shooting scenes with Lea Michele and Chris Colfer in midtown Manhattan for the show’s Nationals-themed season finale. In the sequence, Rachel and Kurt run into the Tony winner at iconic eatery Sardi’s. “On set right now working with one of my all time idols,” Michele tweeted. “Another day where glee makes one of my dreams come true.” Source