You have to wait until November for a new Glee episode. Exactly how long you have to wait… just the first day of November: Glee’s Pot of Gold airs on November 1st.
* Rerun of The Rocky Horror Glee Show airs Wed, Oct 26th at 8:00pm.
Synopsis: A new foreign exchange student, Rory Flanagan (guest star Damian McGinty, winner of “The Glee Project”), enrolls at McKinley and crashes with Brittany S. Pierce (Heather Morris) who thinks he’s a leprechaun. Meanwhile, Mercedes (Amber Riley) attempts to recruit new members to join Shelby Corcoran’s (guest star Idina Menzel) newly formed Glee club, and Sue’s (Jane Lynch) congressional campaign heats up. Source: Fox Publicity
Air Date: Tuesday November 1st, 2011 (FOX)
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Stars: Damian McGinty as Rory Flanagan; Idina Menzel as Shelby Corcoran; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Mike O’ Malley as Burt Hummel; Romy Rosemont as Carole Hudson-Hummel
- Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F) by Katy Perry. Performed by Blaine and Artie with New Directions.
- It Ain’t Easy Being Green from Sesame Street. Performed by Rory.
- Waiting For a Girl Like You by Foreigner. Performed by Puck.
- Candyman by Christina Aguilera. Performed by Pot of Sugar (new gleeclub directed by Shelby Corcoran).
- Take Care of Yourself by Level 42. Performed by Rory.
- Sugar, Sugar (unrealeased song) by The Archies. Performed by Pot of Sugar.
- TVLine reports Chord Overstreet return to McKinley. He is in final talks to return to the show on a recurring basis as Sam Evans (of course!). Apparently he will return as soon as episode 8 which will air in early December.
On this episode:
- TVLine about Shelby and Puck: At the end of the next original episode on Nov. 1, there is a very bold interaction between the two. Very bold. Source
- TVLine about Mercedes leaving New Directions: She won’t be the only one for long. Santana will soon join Mercedes in Shelby’s rival choir group. And more will follow. Source
- Some spoilers from Glee Wiki (therefore various sources):
- Burt Hummel is running against Sue for congresss with the slogan, “Because People Matter”.
- Rory will be introduces in this episode, as an exchange student living with Brittany, and Santana is not happy about it. We will meet Brittany’s mother.
- Quinn and Puck babysit Beth.
- According to Watch with Kristin: Brittany and Santana are “officially a couple as of episode four”. Also Finn will get into de mix when Santana tries to hide her relationship with Brittany. He’ll call her out on her hypocrisy and forces her to deal with it. Word is, these Naya-Cory scenes are fantastic. Source
- A character we haven’t seen since last season pops up in the next episode. And there is trouble ahead for one of these three couples: Will-Emma, Mercedes-Marcus, Mike-Tina. Source
On future episodes:
- New Gay Warbler to Come Between Kurt and Blaine! Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Glee has tapped up-and-coming theater actor Grant Gustin to play the recurring role of Sebastian, a gay Dalton Academy Warbler who sets his sights on Blaine. Source
- Glee Casts Love Interest for Beiste! TVLine has learned exclusively that Beiste, played by the delightful Dot-Marie Jones (a 2011 Emmy nominee for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series), may have a very special dinner companion in her future. ndeed, the show’s producers have cast Eric Bruskotter in what’s being described as a major recurring role of Johnny, a football recruiter who comes scouting for talent at McKinley, but finds he can’t take his eyes off the team’s gruff but big-hearted coach. Source
- According to TVLine, episode 5 will put Rachel and Kurt and their respective relationships with Finn and Blaine front and center: In a big, big way. How big we talking? Well, according to a Glee insider, Episode 5 finds the Wicked BFFs both losing their virginity. Appropriately, the title of the ep is “The First Time.” Source
- TVLine: (…) the Quinn/Puck/Shelby/Beth imbroglio will heat up later this season. Source