It’s time to meet the parents on Glee! Not just one but two couple of parents will be introduce this coming Tuesday. Find out who… and Divas go head-to-head!
Synopsis: Emma’s parents (Valerie Mahaffey and Don Most) visit, and get an understanding of her problems. Meanwhile, Mike Chang’s parents (Keong Sim and Tamlyn Tomita) step in to help their son confront his biggest problem—bad grades. Source
Air Date: Tuesday October 4th, 2011 (FOX)
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Stars: Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes, Keong Sim as Mike Chang Sr., Valerie Mahaffey as Rose Pillsbury, Don Most as Rusty Pillsbury, Idina Menzel as Shelby Corcoran and Tamlyn Tomita as Julia Chang.
- Run the World by Beyonce. Performed by Brittany, and possibly Santana and Quinn.
- Cool from West Side Story. Performed by Mike.
- Fix You by Coldplay. Performed by Will with New Directions.
- Spotlight by Jennifer Hudson. TBA
- Out Here On My Own from FAME. TBA
- It’s All Over from Dreamgirls. TBA
Go to Glee The Music page on Facebook to listen to all the tracks for next week’s episode Asian F.
- New Year’s Eve Trailer featuring Glee‘s Lea Michele.
On this episode:
- Mike Chang scores and A- (otherwise known as an “Asian F”) on a chemistry test. His father orders him to drop out of the Glee Club to focus on academics.
- Encourage by her new boyfriend, a confident Merceder delivers a phenomenal audition for the part of “Maria”, forcing a head-to-head callback against previous favorite Rachel to determine the winner of the prized role.
- Brittany enters the race for senior class President, and proves a formidable opponent.
- Will wonders why Emma has yet to introduce him to her parents, Coach Beiste encourages him to take the initiative.
- Someone in the club will make a shocking announcement. Source
- TVLine: Here’s the sitch: The word around McKinley is that next week’s episode, “Asian F,” is destined to be inducted into the Glee Hall of Fame, right alongside such celebrated installments as Season 1′s “Wheels” and Season 2′s “Grilled Cheesus.” The Ian Brennan-penned hour centers on the long-simmering rivalry between Rachel and Mercedes (they’re competing for the lead in West Side Story), marks the arrival of Mike’s parents, and features music from Fame, Dreamgirls and (wait for it) Coldplay. Stay close to my Twitter feed Wednesday for more details on the episode. Source
- E! was at a screening of Asian F and they claim to say that this episode is the best one ever. Read the article and some spoilers here
- More TVLine spoilers here
- For more Spoilers go to Glee Wiki
On future episodes:
- According to TVLine: While next week’s “Asian F” showcases Mercedes and Mike like never before, the Nov. 8 episode puts Rachel and Kurt — and their respective relationships with Finn and Blaine — front and center. In a big, big way. How big we talking? Well, according to a Glee insider, Episode 5 finds the Wicked BFFs both losing their virginity. Appropriately, the title of the ep is “The First Time.” Source
- New Gay Warbler to Come Between Kurt and Blaine! Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Glee has tapped up-and-coming theater actor Grant Gustin to play the recurring role of Sebastian, a gay Dalton Academy Warbler who sets his sights on Blaine. Source