No new Glee episodes until April. Repeats include The Substitute (March 22nd) and Special Education (March 29th).
On episode 2×17, A Night of Neglect, they will focus on artists that may have been neglected or underappreciated over the years
Synopsis: Proving that birds of a feather flock together, when another under-the-radar club at McKinley High needs helps raising funds, the glee club signs up to help. But when Sue hears about the show of support, she moves quickly to put a kibosh on it. Meanwhile, relationships are tested and big decisions will be made in the all-new “A Night of Neglect” episode of GLEE airing TUE 4/19 at 8/7c, on FOX!
Air Date: April 19
* Spoilers about the episode and general spoilers about the show at the end of this post.
Guest Cast: Gwyneth Paltrow as Holly Holliday, Stephen Tobolowsky as Sandy Ryerson, Jessalyn Gilsig as Terry Schuester, Cheyenne Jackson as Dustin Goolsby (Coach of Vocal Adrenaline), Charice as Sunshine Corazon, Harry Shum as Mike Chang; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Darren Criss as Blaine; Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes. To be confirmed
Latest promo featuring scenes from A Night of Neglet (2×17) and Born this Way (2×18).
Charice’s performance of All by Myself on Glee
Behind the Scenes
– Somewhere only We Know performed by The Warblers and New Directions. According to the Beelzebubs (the a capella group that’s the voices of the Warblers), New Directions is also singing on this track, so it looks like speculation that the Warblers sing this as a good-bye song to Kurt at McKinley High are true. Source
– Sunshine Corazon, ‘All By Myself’ (Celine Dion).
– Mercedes, ‘Ain’t No Way’ (Aretha Franklin)
– Tina, ‘I Follow Rivers’ (Lykke Li)
– Holly Holliday, Adele’s Turning Tables
– Rachel, ‘How’ (Lisa Loeb)
– Sandy Ryerson, ‘One Night in Bangkok’ (Murray Head)
–What kind of Fool performed by The Warblers (don’t know if this is in the episode)
Spoilers about this episode:
- Episode 2×17 called “Night of Neglect,” is an episode focusing on artists that may have been neglected or underappreciated over the years. Source
- Expect more from Tina, Mike and the other Glee misfits in this episode: “[The episode is] about people who have been neglected, and now they have the opportunity to show what they’ve got.” said Harry Shum Jr. Source
- Gwyneth and New Directions will cover Adele’s “Turning Tables.” Source
- In the next new episode, Sue (Jane Lynch) assembles her “Legion of Doom” — Terri Schuester (Jessalyn Gilsig), Sandy Ryerson (Stephen Tobolowsky) and Cheyenne Jackson’s Dustin Goolsby — to take down New Directions. ”They’re my trifecta of evil,” Lynch laughed. With Jackson’s return comes the reappearance of Vocal Adrenaline and Charice, Murphy revealed. The final six episodes of the season will be about Nationals and ND’s battle with its long-lost rival. Source
- Look for some romantic shakeups in the adult world, specifically involving Will. Hint: There’s a reason Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holiday is back for more than one episode. And despite speculation, it doesn’t involve Cheyenne Jackson’s returning Vocal Adrenaline coach, Dustin Goolsby (although hedoes make a play for her.) Source
- Looking at the promo this scoop might be from this episode: Glee scoop, please! — Bobbie
NATALIE: What would bring the disgraced Sandy Ryerson (Stephen Tobolowsky) back to McKinley High? The chance to topple Mr. Schu’s glee-topia, of course! In an upcoming episode, he’ll be on hand to critique a Jack Johnson number. The question is: What the heck are Becky and Jacob doing there? Source
- Sandy Ryerson will be singing A Night in Bangkok. Sandy attempts to sing One Night in Bangkok but is booed off the stage. Sandy returns to McKinley to wage war on Will and the Glee Club. He may infact be the leader of the Legion of Doom.
- Various SYTYCD members that were part of Aural Intensity have been tweeting about filming a Glee scene with a song. With work on Original Song completed, its assumed the students transferred to Carmel High and Vocal Adrenaline as part of Sue’s plot.
- Adam Anders confirmed that Lea Michele would perform How by Lisa Loeb.
- Harry Shum Jr (Mike Chang) said on his Twitter account that he will do a solo.
- Santana gets slushied by Karofsky in the hallway while she is talking to Brittany.
- Becky and Jacob will be back int this episode.
- The Legion of Doom members code names are: Sandy is Pink Dagger, Dustin Goolsby is Seargent Handsome, Terry is Haney Badger and Sue is Zod. Each member of the Legion of Doom has a specific mission that they will carry out over the course of the back 6 episodes.
- Something does on between Artie, Mike, Tine and Brittany.
- According to the promo, something happens to Mercedes that makes her more of a diva than she already is.
- The Warblers sing goodbye to Kurt who will return to New Directions. Source
- Kurt going back to New Directions sparks a pretty important conversation between the two. Not a “fight.” A “conversation.” Just want to make that clear before the Internet explodes with news that Kurt and Blaine are dunzo. Source
- Finally, Tina has some good scenes on the horizon. It looks like she’ll be singing “I Follow Rivers” by Lykke Li in this episode. Source
- Charice will be back in an upcoming episode (episode 17th). These pics were tweeted this week.
- Some pics from episode 2×17 titled A Night of Neglet
- Glee extra revealed McKinley’s Prom Queen and King. Extra Nicole Crowther tweeted, “K is PQ and Ka is PK.” Wow. This basically means that Kurt (K) is the king and Karofsky (Ka) is the king. Is McKinley’s self-hating gay coming to terms with his sexuality and possibly going to end up with Kurt? Producer Brad Falchuk was VERY upset about this and wrote, “@nicolecrowther hope you’re qualified to do something besides work in entertainment.” He followed that up with, “@nicolecrowther Who are you to spoil something talented people have spent months to create?” Given how quickly news gets out there is of course a chance the cast will have to reshoot because of spoilers, but either way it is amazing Glee was willing to make this huge statement about acceptance on their show. Source
- Who’s Covering Rebecca Black’s ‘Friday’ on Glee? Though it’s Wednesday today, how about a little news on “Friday”? The hot rumor of the hour is that Glee’s prom episode will include a cover of Rebecca Black’s infamous YouTube hit “Friday,” and Vulture can confirm that and reveal an opposite-sex twist: The ode to fun, sitting in the back seat, fun, and fun will be sung by Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet, and Mark Salling. (Though another rumor had returning guest star Jonathan Groff taking part, we hear he isn’t involved.) Who knows: Maybe if this attempt in covering viral video ditties turns out well, Ryan Murphy could talk Gwyneth Paltrow into a rendition of “I’m Zack”? Source
- Jesse’s back! Even though our first assumption would be that Jesse is returning to woo Rachel, he has another motive up his sleeve (which is most likely a leather jacket sleeve, of cours). But don’t worry, Jesse’s motive isn’t evil. He’s just trying to help out a friend.
- Santana’s future with Brittany: “She’s definitely a lesbian,” Brad Falchuk tells us, forever putting to rest the question of her sexuality. Now that we cleared that up, Santana won’t be over Brittany anytime soon, so instead of dealing with it, she kind of runs from it. And she’ll be running into the arms of…a dude.
- The bosses over at Glee are looking to cast someone to play Jarod, a high school student with Down syndrome. Perhaps he’ll have some kind of relationship with Becky (Lauren Potter)? Source
- Glee is casting a pretty blonde girl and a handsome african-american boy to play high school students back in the ’70s.
- Prom preparations and the race for prom court will bring fun Finchel moments and some hilarious Finn material.
- Blaine won’t transfer to McKinley High until season 3, but apparently he will accompany New Directions to Nationals in NYC. Source
- Glee cast was spotted shooting at Eagle Rock Plaza on March 29th performing a dance number (apparently Duck Sauces’s Barbara Streisand). This seems to be from the prom episode title until now Relations. Source On Saturday, one extra from the set gave a scoop about the prom episode. After photos of Lea Michele (Rachel) and Cory Monteith (Finn) filming at a motel surfaced, one fan asked about what this means for their characters. The source replied: “I’m not sure what happens at the motel but I’m sure there’s good stuff to come this week with the actual dance.” The title for the prom episode is “Relations,” suggesting a sexual theme for the show. The episode is schedule for May 3, 2011. Source
- Sue Sylvester will get in touch with her inner David Bowie. “I’m dressing up as David Bowie today,” Jane Lynch revealed on Wednesday’s Access Hollywood Live of her upcoming shoot for the hit FOX show. Jane revealed her Cheerios coach character would be donning one of the many looks of the Thin White Duke at McKinley High. “Sue Sylvester is going incognito as David Bowie today,” Jane said. “I mean, come on. Who gets this kind of stuff?” Source
- Jonathan Groff will be back on Glee! He will reprise his role of Jesse St. James for the last 3 episodes of the current season. Groff exited Glee at the end of Season 1 when the Vocal Adrenaline frontman’s diabolical scheme to infiltrate and bring down New Directions was revealed. Next thing you know Jesse’s back with VA and Rachel’s heart is in tatters. “He’s back to apologize to Rachel,” confides a source close to the show, “and perhaps get her back.” Source
- TVLine Spoilers: Look for a VERY unlikely “romantic” pairing to take shape as the show’s second season enters the homestretch. And you know that when I do “very” in all caps like that, I mean business.
- On season finale cliffhanger:That’s negatory. I’m not saying the show won’t leave you with some questions to ponder over the long, hot summer. But the episode doesn’t end with an OMGWTF-type mind twister.
- On Kurt’s return to New Directions:With the Warblers’ competitive season kaput, New Directions eyes an opportunity to get their old soprano back. But there’s a twist, and it involves a power play from an unexpected source within the NDs.Source
- The last 6 episodes will revolve around New Directions battling Vocal Adrenaline and making trip to Nationals. Ryan confirmed that Charice has already been shooting scenes for this final arc of the season. Source
- No Brittana in the near future since Artie and Brittany are still together and happy. This won’t make Brittana fans happy, but Kevin McHale tells us that Brittany and Artie will stay happy. “They work. I think in high school it can be very superficial and about the looks, but somehow Brittany sees through that,” he says. “And you wouldn’t think she would, but I think she genuinely does. And Artie was the first person to draw any type of emotion out of Brittany, which was big.” The couple that works together, stays together, I always say. Source
- No word yet on Anne Hathaway’s guest role. We asked the same question to executive producer/writer/director Brad Falchuk who tells us they are “trying to make it happen.” Apparently, Anne is some huge movie star and has other stuff to do? “She’s got a pretty tight schedule too, so we don’t know if it’s going to happen this season,” Brad says. But on the bright side, we have Kristin Chenoweth’s return to look forward to! Source
- Interview with Jessalyn Gilsig about Terri. Read it here, it contains spoilers.
- Later this season, Kurt and Blaine will be attending prom together.
- Blaine would eventually follow Kurt to WMHS when he revealed that the Warblers’ lead singer would audition for New Directions in Season 3.
- Murphy also confirmed that Kristin Chenoweth’s April Rhodes will be back later this season, and she’ll be belting out the Glee original, “It’s 10 am, I’m Drunk.” (She returns to pester Will Schuester after her all-Caucasian production of The Wiz crashed and burned and she’s now performing in a one-woman show called Crossroads.)
- Murphy is making plans for Gwyneth Paltrow’s Holly Holiday to come back next season.
- Glee has been granted the rights to Fleetwood Mac’s legendary “Rumors.” So an episode devoted to an album might be in the way.
- Mercedes will get a love interest.
- The Rachel/Finn/Quinn love triangle is a huge part of the rest of Season 2, Murphy offered. Cory Monteith, for one, says he thinks it’s more interesting when “Finchel” is apart.
- Kurt will return to New Directions.
- Both Murphy and Falchuk explained that while they love the Brittany/Santana dynamic, the focus will now be Santana’s solo journey as she comes to terms with her sexuality. Source
- Photos from set, this are either for episode 2×17 or 2×18.
- Episode 2×18 will be titled: Born this Way. In this episode Karofsky comes with terms of who he is (it involves a little blackmail). Source
- Born this Way episode is getting super-sized! According TVLine Glee’s April 26th episode is so jam-packed that 60 minutes is not enough and Fox will likely expand it to 90 minutes. The episode will feature the music of Lady Gaga and the theme will be self-acceptance. (…) the title of the episode is “Born This Way” and it concludes with a rousing performance of the No. 1 smash. Before that, though, the kids grapple with their own body image issues. For example, Lauren (Ashley Fink) runs for prom queen, in so doing challenging the traditional notion of what a pageant princess looks like. Rachel (Lea Michele), meanwhile, considers getting a nose job. Source
- Glee is casting for the role of Dr. Shane, described as “a very smart, cool and kind psychiatrist.” Right now, the role is described as a guest stint, but it could possibly be a recurring gig. Dr. Shane won’t be appearing until after the mini hiatus, so in the meantime, let’s speculate on who at McKinley High is most likely to head to the psych couch. Source
- Okay so it’s not really a big storyline or anything but…Apparently this week during filming Santana was the lucky victim of a slushie facial by none other than Karofsky. Source
- (…) in Episode 18, Santana gets a new love interest. Then, a source tells me, in the season’s final three episodes, “the Santana/Brittany storyline really gets kicked into high gear. There are lots of revelations.” Source
- We will get to see Sam’s home life in the upcoming “Rumors” episode when Finn — suspicious that Quinn is cheating on him with Trouty Mouth — goes on a stakeout with (wait for it) Rachel! Source
- On episode 2×19 we get to meet Sam’s little brother and sister. Source
- “Brittany is in the decathlon team. That’s all I can tell you that I know,” said Heather Morris.
- “Gwyneth comes back. Oh yeah she was in the previews. She comes back. She gets to do one of my favorite songs, one of my favorite albums of this year, I won’t say anything else,” said Kevin McHale. Source
- Glee latest pics from the set. Source
- As of right now, we can tell you Sam and Rachel is not happening, but Glee productions rolls on everyday, so we can’t say it’ll never happen. If those two do get together, then from what we understand based on other storylines, it’ll be a big twist that would cause a lot of problems for others besides Finn. We think it would make more of a mess than what the shock is worth, but Ryan Murphy certainly does love to make things sticky.
- We know of a moment coming up that Rachel and Quinn fans have been wanting, asking about and flat-out begging for since the beginning of the Quinn-Rachel-Finn debacle, and they won’t be disappointed in the least. And let’s not forget about the surely awesome Rachel and Quinn duet that was recently filmed. Can’t wait! Source