Glee´s first Christmas episode ever will air next Tuesday December 7th, 2010 (of course on Fox).
Synopsis: It’s Christmas time at McKinley High and Finn tries to get everyone in the holiday spirit; Brittany needs no help because she still believes in Santa Claus. In other news, Sue scams the teacher’s Secret Santa.
Here we will post everything we can find related to this episode before it airs (promos, articles, news, etc). After that we will make a second post about this same episode (with all the after airing news, episode reviews, etc).
Source: Fox Publicity
- There is an interesting article on TheTvAddict.com that comments about Fox´s decision to give Glee the post-super bowl timeslot. It tackles questions like, does Glee really need the publicity?. It is an interesting take on whether it was the right move from Fox or if it would have been better to give that timeslot to another show. Click here in case you want to read it.
- John Stamos who plays Carl the dentist (now husband to Emma… how fast did that happened!) is reported to appear in at least four more episodes this season. His stay in the show could be longer, all depends on how the fans react to the love triangle story (Carl, Emma and Will). Do you like Carl and Emma or are you a Wemma fan? Read more about it: Holy Matrimony Shocker! Insiders Spill What´s Next for Glee´s Big Love Triangle
- Remember the rumor about Katie Couric´s possible appearance on Glee? Her rep has confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that the deal between Glee and the CBS Evening News anchor has been signed. She would make a cameo as herself, possibly share a scene with Jane Lynch´s character Sue Sylvester and most likely it would be in the post superbowl episode (Feb. 6th, 2011).
- Glee has 5 nominations for the Satellite Awards (The International Press Academy). Jane Lynch is nominated for Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television; Chris Colfer is up for Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television; Glee is nominated for Television Series, Comedy or Musical; Lea Michele is up for Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical; Matthew Morrison is nominated for Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical. The awards luncheon will take place on December 19th in Los Angeles, so I guess we will have to wait to know if Glee wins some of these awards. Congratulations to all the nominees! Find out the complete official list of nominees at International Press Academy Official Website.
- Glee going to the Grammys! Glee has been nominated for two Grammy awards: Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media with Glee: The Music, Volume 1 in which they are up against Crazy Heart (Various Artists), Tremé (Various Artists), True Blood – Volume 2 (Various Artists) and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. They are also nominated for Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals with Don´t Stop Believin´(Regionals Version) and are in some great company like Misery (Maroon 5), The Only Exception (Paramore), Babyfather (Sade) and Hey, Soul Sister (Live) from Train. Congratulations and good luck! The 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards will air on CBS Feb. 13, 2010 at 8pm ET/PT.
- Chord Overstreet is bringing country to Glee? I certainly hope so, I love country music and I think it would be nice to see how Glee would approach this different genre of music. Anyway you all know that Chord Overstreet (Sam) is from Nashville (Tennessee) the home of country music so when he was asked if he would bring his music influence on the show he said that he would love to but it all depends on the writers and creators who pick the music. It would be nice to see Glee go a little country!. He was also asked about his typical day of work and how he gets along with the cast. Want to know his answers? Read the following short (really short) interview here. Also he is feature in the pages of Da Man magazine latest issue, so if you are an Overstreet fan be sure to pick up your copy. Here you can take a look a some of the photos.
- Darren Criss did an exclusive interview with RadarOnline. He talks about what´s like to work on Glee, his character Blaine storyline with Kurt, between many other things. Read the interview here.
- Attention all gleeks: Do you want to win some cool Glee items? Of course you do! From the Glee facebook page they are giving away a list of really cool items to the 100th fan to email [email protected] their age & full name. Read details here.
- It´s official, Kristin Chenoweth also known to all gleeks as April Rhodes will return to Glee in Spring 2011. She confirmed this to a HollywoodLife.com reporter at a NYC event. So get ready gleeks because April Rhodes is coming back for a third time… I can´t wait!
- Don´t forget to watch your favorite Glee Club perform live on ´X Factor´ this Sunday, Dec. 5. Good luck glee cast on your first live performance outside the US! This will be a nice preview of the Tour they will make next year overseas. ‘Glee’ Cast on ‘X Factor’
- Ever wondered who was behind those wonderful arrangements and background vocals on ´Teenage Dream´ (Darren Criss on lead vocals)? Well wonder no more. Entertainment Weekly did an interview with the Tufts Beelzebubs the real all-male a capella group behind Dalton Academy Warblers. They spoke with the Beelzebubs President, Bussiness Manager, Music Director, and Historian about lending their voices to Glee, their admiration for Criss, between many other things. ´Glee´: Get to know the Tufts Beelzebubs, the real group behind New Directions´newest rivals
- Remember all the casting news that were going around the superbowl episode? Well it seems that one of those questions have been answered. Newcomer Kody Batchelor will guest star as Strando a recurring new football player. Read more about it here: Exclusive: Meet Glee´s Newest Recruit
- Darren Criss was on MTV´s The Seven. Get to know him in this really nice interview.
- USA Today has a first look at Glee´s Christmas episode. This will be the first Christmas episode of the show as well as the last new episode until the post-Super Bowl episode outing on Feb. 6 (that´s a long time!). First look: A New Direction on ´A Very Glee Christmas´
- This is a bit sad but is part of life, right? The current glee clubbers will have to graduate and eventually leave the show. Apparently this won´t happen until the end of 2012 which will be the likely time the original cast exits the show. Ryan Murphy talks about this in this article: Ageing Glee stars face the axe, says show creator Ryan Murphy. So do you think the show will be as successful with a new cast? The process of adding new faces has already started with the incorporation of Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans in the current season.
- Here is an interview with Glee´s favortite dad: Burt Hummel. Exclusive: Glee´s Mike O´Malley Talks Musical Numbers, His Nickelodeon Past
- So I thought Sue´s wedding marrying herself in last week´s episode ´Furt´was a forced idea. Well it turns out it was based on a true story, a taiwanese woman who married herself in late October in a ceremony at a hotel in Taipei. As long as people are happy marrying themselves then good for them!. Meet the Real Woman Who Inspired Sue´s Marriage to Herself on Glee.
- Gleeks out there don´t forget to check out the latest Glee Album: Glee: The Music Vol 4. It features 18 of your favorite songs from this season like: Empire State of Mind, Toxic, Billionaire, Stronger, One of Us, Lucky, One Love, Teenage Dream, Marry You… and many more.
- Charice performed live at the Rockefeller Tree Lighting in NYC on November 30th, 2010. If you missed it, watch her performance of “Jingle Bell Rock”.