This post will be updated throughout the entire week with the most important news of the week. So keep checking this post for more news.
Check news on Drop Dead Diva, How I Met Your Mother big casting news, Kiefer Sutherland’s return to TV, a new Courteney Cox and David Arquette pilot, House’s new season cast photo, plus ABC Family renewed and canceled shows and more.
- Lifetime has picked up a fourth season of dramedy Drop Dead Diva with a 13-episode order. Along with Army Wives, the Sony TV-produced Diva has been a solid ratings performer for the network, most recently averaging 2.2 million viewers and a 0.7 in 18-49 this past Sunday. Source
- Kiefer Sutherland’s new pilot Touch has been ordered to series by Fox. The drama, from Heroes creator Tim Kring, finds Sutherland starring as a father who discovers that his son (David Mazouz) has the ability to predict events before they happen. Danny Glover costars as an expert on children who possess special gifts. Source
- Katie Holmes has been cast as the mysterious Slutty Pumpkin, a character first referred to during the show’s freshman season of How I Met Your Mother. She will appear on a special Halloween episode. Source
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette are developing a comedy series that “explores the ups and downs of relationships across a group of friends, spanning 10 years.” The project, tentatively (and aptly) titled 10 Years, is being produced through the couple’s ABC Studios-based Coquette Productions. Source
- Here’s first cast photo for House’s season 8, which premieres on Monday, Oct. 3 on Fox.
- ABC Family has renewed Make It or Break It, The Lying Game, but has canceled The Nine Live of Chloe King. Also, the network has ordered three new pilots including a new one-hour drama from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino. Source