Ratings Highlights of the Week
- On Monday November 1st, the 200th episode of Dancing with the Stars held well during its 2 hour telecast with 19.63 million viewers and 4.0/10 adults 18-49 on ABC. On NBC, the special The Woman of SNL didn’t help the network with just 5.37 million viewers and 2.1/5 adults 18-49 during 9-11 pm, but increased the number of viewers every half hour; lead in Chuck was at a typical 5.46 million and 2.0/5 adults 18-49.
- Thursday November 4th was a big night for CBS. The Big Bang Theory increased its ratings with 13.88 million viewers and 4.6/14 share among adults 18-49 at 8 pm. At 8:30 pm, $#*! My Dad Says scored 10.94 million and a 3.4/10. Next was CSI at 9 pm with 13.87 million and 3.3/9, followed by The Mentalist with 14.27 million and 2.9/8.
- Emmy-winning actress Mary Tyler Moore will reunite with former co-star Betty White on the second season premiere of TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland Jan. 19. The pair has not appeared on screen together since the series finale of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, 33 years ago.
- Two time Oscar winner Meryl Streep is set to appear on Lisa Kudrow’s online series, Web Therapy. She already has shot three episodes.
- The CW’ decided not to order additional episodes of the drama Life Unexpected beyond the show’s original 13-episode order. It was the only series with a 13-episode order not to receive a back order from the network 10 days ago when freshmen Nikita and Hellcats and veteran One Tree Hill received full-season pickups. Although the network will put off the final decision until May, the writers are treating the January finale as a series finale.
- NBC canceled the J.J. Abrams’ spy-centric show Undercovers.