This post will be updated throughout the entire week with the most important news of the week. So keep checking this post for more news.
Check news on Criminal Minds cast status, HBO’s Treme, NBC renewals and pilot orders, two Gossip Girl’s departures, The X Factor, Covert Affairs, FX’s pilot American Horror Story, plus more.
- HBO has picked up its praised New Orleans drama Treme for a third season. Source
- Criminal Minds co-star Shemar Moore has closed a deal to return to the CBS crime drama next season. Source said his salary will be up to about $100,000 an episode, up from just north $50,000 per episode under his old agreement. With Moore set, Thomas Gibson is the only remaining cast member without a deal to return, with negotiations ongoing. Source
- NBC renews Parenthood and Harry’s Law, aswell as Chuck. The network also ordered to series Prime Suspect, Smash and the comedies Up All Night and Whitney; plus The Playboy Club, Grimm and Awake (fka REM). Source
- Taylor Momsen (Jenny) and Jessica Szohr (Vanessa) are not returning for Gossip Girl’s season 5. The two actresses will not be returning as series regulars for the CW soap’s upcoming fifth season, but added that both have been invited back on a guest star basis. Source http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/gossip-girl-taylor-momsen-jessica-szohr-leaving/#more-215059
- Singer Nicole Scherzinger and British TV personality Steve Jones will host THE X FACTOR, the highly anticipated singing competition series debuting this fall on FOX. Source
- Desperate Housewives baddie Mark Moses will appear on Covert Affairs. in one of the first episodes of the USA spy-drama’s second season (premiering Tuesday, June 7) as the prime suspect in a NASA-related CIA investigation. Source
- Relative newcomer Taissa Farmiga (kid sis of Up in the Air star Vera) has been cast as the troubled offspring of Britton and McDermott’s characters in American Horror Story, the FX drama pilot from Glee EPs Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Additionally, Invasion and One Tree Hill grad Evan Peters has landed the series regular role of Tate, a patient of McDermott’s shrink character who is described as “Charles Manson dangerous.” Source
Ratings Highlights of the Week