This post will be updated throughout the entire week with the most important news of the week. So keep checking this post for more news.
Check news on TNT’s Falling Skies, Hawaii Five-0, Dexter season 6 new promo, Goldie Hawn’s HBO pilot, The Amazing Race, plus more.
- Steven Spielberg-produced alien TNT drama series Falling Skies had a solid debut last night. The series starring Noah Wyle drew 5.9 million viewers for its 9-11 PM opener to become the most-watched cable premiere since TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles (7.6 million) last summer, outpacing the October debut of AMC’s The Walking Dead (5.3 million). Source
- Lost’s Terry O’Quinn is joining the cast of CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 in a pivotal recurring role. The gig not only brings the Emmy winner back to the Aloha State, but it reunites him with Lost castmate and Five-0 regular Daniel Dae Kim. He will play a Navy Seal Lt. Commander who trained Alex O’Loughlin’s McGarrett in Coronado, and served with his father in Vietnam. Source
- Check out the new promo for Dexter’s season 6 premiere
- Sex and the City creator/executive producer Darren Star is back at HBO with a sexy female-centered comedy project. Oscar winner Goldie Hawn has come on board to star in the half-hour comedy, The Viagra Diaries, which is based on the book by Barbara Rose Brooker. It centers on a woman (Hawn) who, after her husband has a “mid-life crisis” at 65 and leaves her, struggles with being single for the first time in 35 years. Source
- CBS has ordered a 20th installment of its Emmy-winning Amazing Race, set to bow in spring 2012. Source
Ratings Highlights of the Week