This post will be updated throughout the entire week with the most important news of the week. So keep checking this post for more news.
Check news on Desperate Housewives special cameo on series finale, Psych, 30 Rock, New Girl, Parks and Recreation, an American Idol winner on The Voice, plus more.
- Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry will make a cameo in the dramedy’s series finale. Source
- USA Network’s longest-running series on the air, dramedy Psych, has been renewed for a 16-episode seventh season that will premiere later this year. Source
- Emma Stone will make a cameo in an upcoming episode of 30 Rock, along with Andy Samberg and Nick Cannon. In the Jan. 26 episode of the NBC comedy, Jenna (Jane Krakowski) stars in “a movie from the producers of Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve called Martin Luther King Day,” says series creator-star Tina Fey. The actors will be seen in a trailer for the faux film. Source
- Dermot Mulroney is joining the cast of Fox’s comedy New Girl as a love interest for Zooey Deschanel. The My Best Friend’s Wedding star will play a handsome, intelligent and wealthy gentleman who also happens to be the father of one of Jess’ students. They start off disliking each other but their chemistry is undeniable. Source
- Amy Poehler will write and direct an upcoming episode of Parks and Recreation that finds Leslie facing off against her opponent in a debate. Although Poehler has penned episodes of Parks and Rec before, this will be her first time stepping behind the cameras. Source
- NBC’s The Voice get help from American Idol season 1 winner and music star Kelly Clarkson. Clarkson and country singer Miranda Lambert will serve as advisers to Blake Shelton’s team during Season 2 of NBC’s hit reality competition. Meanwhile, Alanis Morissette and Robin Thicke will join Adam Levine’s team, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and Ne-Yo are on Cee-Lo Green’s, and Jewel and Lionel Richie will pitch in for Team Christina Aguilera. Source
- Alec Baldwin has renewed his deal with 30 Rock. “We have Alec for this season and next season,” Robert Greenblatt, NBC’s entertainment chairman, said. “We quietly did that in the fall.” However, the show has not been renewed yet for another season. Source