In week 9 (DVR Playback for the week of 11/15/10), Modern Family has something to be very gleeful about. After DVR ratings were factored in, the ABC comedy surpassed Glee‘s ratings among viewers 18-49 during the week ending Nov. 21, making it the No. 1 scripted show in that demographic with 6.3 million. Still, Glee was strong with 6.2 million viewers in the demo, Grey’s Anatomy rounded out the top three with 5.8 million, while Hawaii Five-0 was the number one show that gained with DVR playback.
ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family registered as TV’s Top 2 gainers from the first-reported numbers to the DVR finals among Adults 18-49. Each added on 1.5 rating points to their initial totals, jumping by +35% and +31%, respectively, from the Live + Same Day to the Live + 7 Day Adult 18-49 averages. As a result of DVR playback, Modern Family emerged as TV’s #1 scripted show for the week in Adults 18-49, surpassing Fox’s Glee to top Nielsen’s final rankings. Initially in the Live + Same Day statistics, “Glee” was the top-rated scripted show for the week, by a margin of 2-tenths of a rating point.
Top Ten in overall DVR viewing:
1) Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): 3.21 million gained from DVRs*
2) Modern Family (ABC): 3.14 million
3) Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): 2.94 million
4) The Mentalist (CBS): 2.83 million
5) Glee (FOX): 2.68 million
6) NCIS (CBS): 2.54 million
7) Castle (ABC): 2.51 million
8 ) Criminal Minds (CBS): 2.44 million
9) The Good Wife (CBS): 2.37 million
10) House (FOX): 2.35 million
* DVR playback is measured by the number of viewers who watch their recordings within seven days of the show’s airing