The Gilmore Girls are back! After 8 years since its final episode and rumors about a reunion it’s a treat to say that they are back.
Many news and spoilers are being revealed as the show is currently taping its revival.
This post is meant to keep you up to date to “What we know so far about the Gilmore Girls revival”.
*This post will be updated as we learn more about the Gilmore Girls revival
- Stars Hollow
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore – (Source: TVLine, @thelaurengraham)
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore – (Source: TVLine)
- Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore– (Source: TVLine)
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes – (Source: TVLine, @scottgpatterson)
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim – (Source: TVLine)
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jesse Mariano (Source: @miloventimiglia, TVLine) “TVLine has confirmed that the actor has officially closed a deal to reprise his role as Rory’s on-again, 0ff-again beau for an unspecified number of episodes.”
- Matt Czuchry as Logan Huntzberger – (Source: TVLine). It’s not clear how many of the revival’s four 90-minute installments Czuchry (who’s currently shooting The Good Wife on the opposite coast) will appear in.
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller (Source: TVLine) “I’m told Weil will be featured in two of the four 90-minute installments.”
- Jared Padalecki as Dean Forester – (Source: TVLine, @jarpad, Variety)
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard – (Source: @yanictruesdale)
- Sean Gunn as Kirk– (Source: TVLine)
- Emily Kuroda as Mrs. Kim – (Source: TVLine)
- Rose Abdoo as Gypsy – (Source: TVLine, TVLine)
- David Sutcliffe as Christopher Hayden – (Source: Variety)
- Danny Strong as Doyle – (Source: Variety, @gilmoreguysshow, TVLine)
- Michael Winters as Taylor Doose – (Source: TVLine)
- Liz Torres as Miss Patty – (Source: TVLine)
- Sally Struthers as Babette – (Source: TVLine)
- Mike Gandolfi as Andrew – (Source: TVLine)
- Tanc Sade as Finn – (Source: TVLine, @tancsade)
- Vanessa Marano as April Nardini – (Source: Variety)
- Melissa McCarthy will not be back as Sookie St. James. She said she was not asked on her Twitter account, however Gilmore Girls creator and executive producer says the door is open is she can and wants to come back.
- John Cabrera as Brian Fuller – (Source: @johncabrera)
- Todd Lowe as Zach but if we get to see his and Lane’s twins he probably will be back, right?
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson. No Sookie and no Jackson, hope they’ll come back!
New characters for the Gilmore Girls reunion
- Sutton Foster from Amy Sherman-Palladino’s Bunheads. “What’s not known is if Foster will be playing her Bunheads character Michelle or a new role. Here’s hoping against hope (and any intellectual property hurdles) that it’s the former.” (Source: TVLine)
- Berta and Alejandro –> a peruvian couple. Alejandro is both a handyman and a solid family man. (Source: Eonline)
- Nat Compton –> an incredibly miserable looking man who never smiles. (Source: Eonline)
- Dewey –> 13-year-old. (Source: Eonline)
- Clementina –> a portuguese nanny. (Source: Eonline)
- Tim (7-year-old) and his sister Gabriela (5-year-old). (Source: Eonline)
- Stevie & Kwan (Lane’s kids) –> 9-year-old korean-american twins. (Source: Eonline)
- A whole bunch of hippies at a commune. (Source: Eonline)
- Paul –> pleasant 30-something (a Michael Cera type described as “a good boyfriend). (Source: Eonline)
- Jim –> “the older high-en men’s magazine editor”. (Source: Eonline)
- Dwayne –> “the blue collar”. (Source: Eonline)
- Damon –> 20-something, eager and good-looking. (Source: Eonline)
What will be happen in the Gilmore Girls reunion?
- Don’t ignore season 7, it did exist. “We had to pick them up where they left off. Luckily, the elements that we really wanted to play were not taken or destroyed by whatever they did in Season 7. So it actually worked out quite nicely.” (Source: TVLine)
- The reboot will address the passing of Richard Gilmore. “[Richard] is certainly a presence, especially in that first script.” (Source: TVLine)
- The first episode “Winter” is set 4 months after Richard’s passing. “Bishop noted that the first of the four 90-minute episodes, titled “Winter,” suggests that “four months” have passed since Richard’s death, adding, “So by the time you get to [Episode 4 aka ‘Fall’] a whole year will have passed.” (Source: TVLine)
- “There’s a line [in the script] about how time has passed and how that feels… and hanging over all of it is the absence of Ed [Herrmann, who played Gilmore patriarch Richard], which, obviously the [revival] addresses. But that’s where we’re all starting from, and it feels so real. It’s hard to be here without him.” (Source: TVLine)
- Emily is “kind of a raw nerve. In a desperate attempt to push through [her grief], she blows between right on the edge of losing it to almost being a little manic.” (Source: TVLine)
- The Gilmore Girls lives are going to change. “It’s later in their lives and we’re meeting up with them and finding out what they’ve been doing but, more than that, that all three of their lives are going to change. And for Emily, it had to be that Richard was gone. And what did that mean? What does it mean for all three of the girls? [A tragedy like that] brings up thoughts of, “Where am I? Where am I going? What am I doing?” Because it’s mortality. Something they loved is gone, which means things you love will not be around forever. And you can’t take them for granted.” (Source: TVLine)
- There are plans to get Rory’s former boyfriends to appear on the revival.“Our plan is to get as many of [Rory’s] lovely men back as possible,” but noted that deals were still being finalized. “We’re still dealing with who’s going to be in it. We definitely want to see them. And we have storylines planned. I just need someone to tell me they’re going to show up.” (Source: TVLine)
- Rory is single and dating. “She’s…. single in the sense that she’s not married. But she’s dating like any young woman with that face would be.” (Source: TVLine)
- We will finally find out the final four words! (Source: TVLine)
- The final four words is an exchange between two characters. About the final four words Lauren Graham said: “She didn’t realize that I didn’t know them. It’s actually been helpful not knowing them, because people ask me and I tell them I don’t know — because I really didn’t know. You know? So I asked her, “Who says them?” And she says, “Both of you.” That’s all I can say. It’s not, you know, in unison.”(Source: TVLine)
- We will see Lane’s 9-year-old twins Stevie & Kwan. (Source: Eonline)
- Hep Alien reunion? It seems that John Cabrera will be back as Brian Fuller (@johncabrera). No word on Todd Lowe as Zach but if we get to see his and Lane’s twins he probably will be back, right?
What is the format of the Gilmore Girls reunion?
- Gilmore Girls revival will be on Netflix. (Source: TVLine, TVLine)
- It will be 4 episodes of 90 minutes each. (Source: TVLine)
- Each episode will be a season (“Winter,”Spring”, “Summer”, and “Fall”). (Source: TVLine)
- Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino will be executive producers. (Source: TVLine)
- Amy Sherman-Palladino will write all the episodes. (Source: TVLine)
More details about the Gilmore Girls reunion:
- The Gilmore Girls reunion will give Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls creator) a chance to wrap up the Gilmore Girls story in her own terms. (Source: TVLine)
- We will finally find out what are the famous “last 4 words”
- The Gilmore Girls revival will be produced by Dorothy Parker Drank Here Productions in association with Warner Bros.
- The reboot will be written and directed by creator and executive producer Amy Sherman-Palladino and co-EP Daniel Palladino.
- The Gilmore Girls reunion started filming at Warner Brothers Studio in Burbank (where they film the show for its 7 seasons) on February 2nd, 2016.- (Source: TVLine)
- We will see the Gilmore house (Richard and Emily’s home), Lorelai’s house, The Dragonfly Inn and of course Stars Hollow. (Source: TVLine)
- The first table read was on Friday, January 29th, 2016. (Source: TVLine)
- The revival has been an emotional experience for the cast. “Let me go back a day or two ago, when I walked onto the set for the first time. We had to do a camera test and… the house. [She gets choked up] It’s on a different stage but it’s… the house. Alexis [Bledel] and I walked onto the set together and — I feel super emotional about a lot of it and I’m afraid I’m going to start crying at every turn — but walking onto that set really felt like something. It felt like a lot of time had passed and it felt like we were just there. It felt amazing.” (Source: TVLine)
- There will be a lot of night scenes. “And then I look at the schedule, which is, like, 40 days of night work, and I’m like, “Oh, yeah! I remember this job!” [Laughs] But I’m even excited to do that.” (Source: TVLine)
- We don’t know yet if Netflix will release all the episodes together. Amy Sherman-Palladino is hoping they won’t release them all at once. “My preference would be they would not be released at once, because I feel like there’s going to be anticipation, and I think the diehard fans would enjoy it more with a little separation. Because the last thing you want is for someone to jump to the last episode and [ruin] it for everybody — which I think would happen, quite frankly, in this day and age of binging. So my preference would be to release them at least a day apart. Let people get a little sunlight and go for a walk around the corner. [Laughs] We have not spoken to Netflix about it, so I don’t know what their thought process is yet. But we’re planning to throw it out there.” (Source: TVLine)
- Just because it’s on Netflix don’t expect the Gilmore Girls to drop an F-bomb. “We’re debating that still. [Laughs] The weird thing about Gilmore is… you’ve lived a life with these people and there is a language to them. And the minute that somebody steps out of that it just feels weird.” (Source: TVLine)
- Jesse will be in more than 2 episodes, less than 4… So 3 episodes. (Source: TVLine)
Interviews, articles and more about the Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix
- Coming Soon!