Last season NBC aired Grimm, little did they know that it would become their most successful new show and also a fan favorite. This year they are back at Comic-Con with so many things that would make any Grimm fan super excited.
We gather some information from the press releases that contain details of the Grimm activities this year at Comic-Con.
First here are the convention panels and autograph signing that the Grimm team is involve in.
* The Grimm Q&A/Season 2 Preview is exclusively about Grimm, so is definitely a must!
Friday, July 13th:
- 10:00-11:00 How to Break into Television Writing— Spiro Skentzos (Grimm) and Karen Horne (NBC executive/Spawn co-producer) share their experiences as a TV writer and as the vice president of NBC’s writing programs, respectively, on topics including basic script mistakes, getting representation, using writing programs, staying motivated, and negotiating today’s turbulent TV terrain. There will be lots of time for questions. Room 25ABC
- 6:30-7:30 Designing for the Undead— Costume designers guild members Chrisi Karvonides (costume designer, American Horror Story, Carnivale), Audrey Fisher (costume designer, True Blood), and Alexander Welker (costume designer, Grimm) and costume illustrator Imogene Chayes (True Blood, American Horror Story) talk about creating all those great paranormal television characters we know and love. Room 32AB
Saturday, July 14th:
- 11:00-12:00PM, Nerd HQ (Block No. 16 Union and Spirits, 344 Seventh Avenue), “Grimm” Signing (Presented by Universal Television)Cast and producers from “Grimm” will be available to sign autographs and limited-edition “Grimm” comic posters designed by notable comic book artist Whilce Portacio. Whilce will also be on hand to sign.
- 1:00-2:00 TV Guide Magazine: Fan Favorites— TV Guide magazine returns with another all-star panel. Moderated by editor-in-chief Debra Birnbaum, Fan Favorites brings together stars from TV’s hottest shows for a lively discussion filled with behind-the-scenes scoop. Panelists (subject to change) include Nathan Fillion(Castle), David Giuntoli (Grimm), Joel McHale (Community), Tyler Posey (Teen Wolf), Maggie Q (Nikita), Matt Smith (Doctor Who), and others. Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- 3:00-4:00PM, Room: 6A, Convention Center, “Grimm” Q&A/Season 2 Preview (Presented by Universal Television)“Grimm,” NBC’s supernatural mythology drama, returns to Comic-Con to kick off its second season packed with chills and revelations. Be among the first to get a glimpse of season two and participate in a Q&A session with the cast and producers: David Giuntoli (“Turn the Beat Around”), Russell Hornsby (“Lincoln Heights”), Bitsie Tulloch (“The Artist”), Silas Weir Mitchell (“Prison Break”), Reggie Lee (“The Dark Knight Rises”), Sasha Roiz (“Caprica”) and Bree Turner (“The Ugly Truth”) and executive producers/writers Jim Kouf (“Angel”) and David Greenwalt (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), executive producer/director Norberto Barba (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and executive producers Sean Hayes (“Hot In Cleveland”) and Todd Milliner (“Hot In Cleveland”). Produced by Universal Television and Hazy Mills, “Grimm” returns late summer on NBC and “Grimm” Season One will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 7, 2012.
- 3:00-4:00 The Write Stuff V— Meet the writers and producers who make sci-fi, horror and fantasy entertainment what it is today, and get an incredible insider look from the scribes behind some of today’s hottest genre shows as they share their candid thoughts on how to make the series we love (and sometimes loathe). Find out the highly classified secrets to getting TV shows made and how to break in and break out in today’s highly competitive broadcast environment, the deep dark secrets (and, more important, fat-free snacks) of the writer’s room-and why network executives actually care about what you say on message boards and Twitter. No canned speeches and press releases here-get the straight scoop and candid skinny from television’s most talented writers and producers, including Javier Grillo-Marxuach (The Middleman, Lost),Ashley E. Miller (Fringe, Transformers, The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Steve Kriozere (NCIS, Femme Fatales), Steve Melching (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Transformers: The Series), Gabrielle Stanton (Haven,The Gates), Dave Simkins (Grimm, Human Target), Jose Molina (Firefly, Terra Nova), Amy Berg (Eureka,Leverage), and Mark A. Altman (Femme Fatales, Necessary Roughness). Room 24ABC
As part of NBC’s marketing campaign they are taking over Gaslamp Square Park (Fifth Avenue and K Street in the Gaslamp District of Downtown San Diego) to bring the ultimate “Grimm” and “Revolution” experience to fans.
- Local restaurant Tin Fish (170 Sixth Avenue) will be transformed into the world of “Grimm” as lush greenery encompasses the building and its surroundings. Guests can “‘Grimm’ their skin” and receive creepy “Grimm” skin carvings applied by professional theatrical makeup artists. Those who tweet photos of their skin carvings with the hashtag #GRIMM will be entered for a chance to win a Season 1 DVD collection signed by the cast.
- Aunt Marie’s vintage Airstream trailer (replica) is coming to Gaslamp Square Park and fans will be treated to a personalized introduction from Nick and Monroe as they take a tour inside and see authentic props from the series including weapons cabinets, maps, the book of “Grimm” and more. Upon exit fans will receive a limited edition “Grimm” comic poster.
- From the trailer take a trip through the “Grimm” forest and visit the Wesen Monuments for a description of which Wesen to look out for in the forest. Receive a “Grimm”/ “Revolution” bag if you make it out of the forest.